Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I feel like that at one moment, then the next I have hope. It's like every time I start to just realize Dwight is gone, something happens that makes me have hope. I'm really willing to grasp at tiny straws, like that Ping article.

What Ping article? What did it say?

They are trying

they've spent to the luxury tax a few years in a row.

Now I would love for them to put up more billboards and show Orlando isn't just disneyland, it's also home of the MAGIC. We have an international superstar, so I do think he has a valid point in wanting to see the team all over town.

In all honesty we are not THAT far away, i'd say we are one player away, but I am of the opinion if by the trade deadline he still wants to go, he has to go then. If the nets are awful that no.1 this year could give us Drummond/Davis or Jones. A long term front court of Lopez/Drummond is actually really good, if we could get some other pieces I think it makes sense.

All of us are frustrated by this situation, I feel like we have been TOO shortsided, fearing losing him the last 2 years.

If Hedo keeps playing well, the lakers may be more ammeanable to doing Gasol/Bynum. Flip Gasol to a team desperate for a skilled big Like Philly for Iggy, or Indiana/Houston

I want Dwight to stay but he has a chance to be the next Duncan or Hakeem and he's already MUCH more of an international star than either. Going elsewhere to someone "elses" team will taint his legacy to a degree, don't believe me? Ask LEBRON, no matter what he does he will never get the credit he may deserve due to joining WADES team. But he's an adult he will do what he wants

First ill say that dwights not signing an extension with LA lol. They could rent him, but he wouldnt stay. I agree with pretty much all youve said. I'd really hate for him to leave this summer and we get nothing back for him. And yeah Orlando is trying but he feels closed out on all the decisions they make. He just wants them to listen to his ideas and discuss things with him, make attempts to have a championship team.

I agree, if D-Will comes here it is still Dwight's team. He will get the credit for making the Magic what they can be. I honestly think he wants that so much. Even if he goes to Brooklyn, he will still never overcome the Knicks imo, even if they win a championship.

Man, D-Will here just makes too much sense. I hope Dwight comes to his senses and realizes this. He needs to recruit, recruit, recruit. Cause honestly, I think if not NJ, it's here or Dallas. If NJ wants anything for D-Will then we win hands down in a trade.

I really hope Ping has hit a homerun here... I mean he is due for a good scoop, right?... Right....?

dude they will never come close to the knicks, even when the knicks were awful, and the nets were winning, NOTHING changed. NOTHING! The nets will never be close to being no.1 in NY. Hell the Giants/Knicks/Yankees CLEARLY own the city, he's competing for 4th place.

I think the first step to even starting to really change his mind is.....Firing Otis, you have to. when he made those stupid comments at the BVW presser I knew it was bad. And judging by the recent ken berger article this will likely happen. You've got to hire someone from Boston, LA or OKC to show Dwight you are bringing in people from good organizations.

Let's get D-Will. Do whatever it takes.

But Dwight has to help.

Give the man some *****ing billboards. I bet that StayDwight guy would pay for them.

Man, I'm all over the place tonight. One moment I'm ready for Dwight to gtfo. The next I'm like thinking of any possible way to make him stay.

This sucks. Being such a big fan is a double-edged sword. Unfortunately we get the bad edge more than not.

Welcome to my world! This is how ive been feeling for a while. I just want him to stay and retire a Magic. We lost Shaq, Penny, and TMac, we really have no ones jersey to retire. Its not too late to get Dwight to stay tho...i still think theres time

Well I am being truthful, the 09 finals would have been much different if in game 4 he makes ONE FT late in that 4th Q.

youre right; Him and Turk missed BIG free throws in that game that set up for Fishers game-tying 3

What Ping article? What did it say?

It said that Dwight is reconsidering his trade request, we are trying to get D-Will, Dwight is recruiting him, and there is a "80% chance" he stays.

Sigh.

And I agree about firing Otis, but only if Dwight doesn't like him, which I assume he doesn't.

Brooklyn ain't a guarantee for rings at all. especially if we pillage them by taking several firsts, brooks and so on.

Infact, I would suggest, that the nets will be losing those firsts when the magic drop the tampering bombs on them so they either belong to us or they lose them anyways, i bet part of any negotiation for us trying to get Dwill, has this in the background. the nets would be f'd if we did that.

right, its still in our back pockets. And no Brooklyn isnt a guarantee for rings, buts its a fresh new start for him with the PG he wanted and a voice in the organization

First ill say that dwights not signing an extension with LA lol. They could rent him, but he wouldnt stay. I agree with pretty much all youve said. I'd really hate for him to leave this summer and we get nothing back for him. And yeah Orlando is trying but he feels closed out on all the decisions they make. He just wants them to listen to his ideas and discuss things with him, make attempts to have a championship team.

I don't know why he feels closed out, we overpaid his buddy BBD whom' he wanted. Obviously this all started when we traded CLEE, but we probably weren't gonna get back to the finals w/that team, the gamble was a good one, we still have the best player from that trade. But he is privy to everything that we are not, I respect him for going out and playing hard but I do not respect how he and his agent attempted create a giant **** storm before the season.

I think we would all "understand" if he wanted to go to LA, But Brooklyn/NY? Thats bull**** cos that has nothing to do with winning. LOOK AT THAT TEAM! and if we trade him there they will only be able to get players via the MLE/MMLE because we're going to own their draft picks, and their young players who are worth a damn.

Sorry but Dwight/Dwill aint takin out Miami without quality depth and role players, which we HAVE here. Also it's pretty f'd up how on twitter he will rip into magic fans who want him to stay, I guarantee you he will not be treated as well when he's clanking big FT's in Brooklyn

right, its still in our back pockets. And no Brooklyn isnt a guarantee for rings, buts its a fresh new start for him with the PG he wanted and a voice in the organization

Do you know if Dwight likes Alex Martins? It seems to me that he can do some real good...

well yeah, those messages were during the lockout BEFORE a lot of stuff happened/didnt happened with the organization

Yeah. I wasn't saying that that was THE problem and now everything's happy go lucky. It was just a problem. I still think he may be leaving. It just seems like he's trying to find reasons to rationalize it.

Welcome to my world! This is how ive been feeling for a while. I just want him to stay and retire a Magic. We lost Shaq, Penny, and TMac, we really have no ones jersey to retire. Its not too late to get Dwight to stay tho...i still think theres time

to think, had Tmac been willing to be patient with Dwight, we probably have a championship by now. I know he wishes he didn't leave. Dwade and Kobe are the only guys who have been patient, even if unhappy at times, and look how they've been rewarded, I am also sure adidas is a big factor in all of this stuff

But it sucks he could have a much better legacy staying here, if he goes to "Dwills" team he's going to get Lebron'd to an extent, even then I don't see that team winning anytime soon.

I said during the lockout firing SVG would sway things. he's a great coach but his style wears out after a while, but I credit him for trying to change. Avery Johnson is not half the coach stan is

isnt that where Marcus Monk is from?? and youre lucky, admissions is crazy up there. Good win against Kansas St/Miss St!

I don't think so. At least not that I know of. And thanks. Admission's high because they're letting everyone in, which means there's not enough dorm space for everyone. Which is...awesome. I was really impressed with both of those wins. I thought we'd drop the Cotton Bowl since Kansas State is such a good running team.

Oh by the way, thanks for the info. I followed you on Twitter as well. My username's zac_cleary.