Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I really do hope the people here who think Dwight is going to stay are right. I feel like he might warm to it if the team keeps playing well. Need to get Jameer back and playing well though. It seems odd from a team that doesn't use the PG as a distributer as much as a lot of others, but this team has always gone as the point guard goes.

I'm hoping he likes the way the team is playing right now and insists on it to continue... then he stays!

I heard D12 was pointing to the magic logo on his chest, smiling and mouthing something after the Bobcats game.

We need a way to bring a way to bring a big name to Orlando to make D12 happy, obviously. Maybe the best choice would be D Will from NJ, where Dwight wants to go. Would love to see DWill for Duhon and J Rich http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=879lyy9

Boy King would lose his job for sure. Nelson and Anderson would definitely have to be traded unless we can get Justin enough pt to make his value worth something.

I heard D12 was pointing to the magic logo on his chest, smiling and mouthing something after the Bobcats game.

I saw it during the game, I think in the third quarter while someone was shooting free throws.

I saw it during the game, I think in the third quarter while someone was shooting free throws.

Haven't been able to find confirmation of what was said though. Has to be a good sign though right guys??

Haven't been able to find confirmation of what was said though. Has to be a good sign though right guys??

He turned toward away from the basket while someone was shooting a free through and pointed to his jersey, saying something. Chances are a fan was yelling, asking him what team he was going to, and he was showing that he is with the Magic right now.

He turned toward away from the basket while someone was shooting a free through and pointed to his jersey, saying something. Chances are a fan was yelling, asking him what team he was going to, and he was showing that he is with the Magic right now.

But I thought he's been known to shy away from that. Maybe winning ball games is a cure.

But I thought he's been known to shy away from that. Maybe winning ball games is a cure.

He doesn't want to answer questions about the future. His actions resembled what he has been telling interviewers this whole time, "I am with the Olrando Magic now. That's all that matters."

I really do hope the people here who think Dwight is going to stay are right. I feel like he might warm to it if the team keeps playing well. Need to get Jameer back and playing well though. It seems odd from a team that doesn't use the PG as a distributer as much as a lot of others, but this team has always gone as the point guard goes.

Otis needs to bring in some pieces, GOOD pieces for Dwight to want to continue to stay here.

If we stand pat, we're not as readily built as the other elite teams in the league, and Dwight won't be standing pat either.

If it comes to we have to trade him, I really really hope we can get Andrew Bynum over any other center. Anyone saw his first game back? He was a MONSTER and the reason why the Lakers won today.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Does Dwight lose 20-30 mil if not traded by Jan1? Ive heard dif takes. 1) Team who gets him if traded b4 deadline gets his bird rights. 2) If he stays to end of season Magic could still do a sign and trade. Mostly hearing/reading that he loses 20-30 mil if not traded by 1-1-12.

Almost all (minus about $3 million) of the loss is during the extra year he will be able to sign with a team with his bird rights (orlando). The chance that this next contract will be Dwight's last is slim to none so I don't think the impact is quite as large careerwise.

Otis needs to bring in some pieces, GOOD pieces for Dwight to want to continue to stay here.

If we stand pat, we're not as readily built as the other elite teams in the league, and Dwight won't be standing pat either.

If it comes to we have to trade him, I really really hope we can get Andrew Bynum over any other center. Anyone saw his first game back? He was a MONSTER and the reason why the Lakers won today.

not-sure-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg

• Upvote 1

Very true, though you also have to factor in the difference between his first year salary on the new deal vs what would have been the fifth year on a contract signed with bird rights in play. You're taking away all those raises, I THINK it's 7.5 percent per year, or 30 % more between the 5th year salary and 1st year salary.

Yes, I do believe that bird rights raises are 7.5%. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't players still eligible for yearly raises for teams without rights @ 4%? Keeping this in mind the difference in first/last year salaries is not as high as 30%, maybe half that?