Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

thank you CBA negotiators:

The financial implications for Dwight Howard and Chris Paul are significant depending on where they want to spend their future.

Howard can play the entire 11-12 season with the Magic, opt out of his deal and ends up elsewhere (by signing outright or sign-and-trade) for $80.5 million over four seasons. If he gets traded before the deadline, opts out and then re-signs with the team that acquired him, he can sign for $110.8 million over five seasons.

If Paul plays the entire season with the Hornets and ends up elsewhere, he can receive up to $75.8 million over four seasons. If he gets traded to another teams, opts out and then re-signs with that team, he can receive up to $100.2 million over five seasons.

looks like we are still in control (as we always have been). Go magic.

• Upvote 1

We could easily acquire a chris paul or williams type of guy if we want but that would require several future picks that would potentially cripple our franchise for decades. Acquiring a star and not killing our franchise is the hard part.

I think it would be worth it...besides a duo of Howard and Paul/Williams would mean our 1st round picks would basically be early 2nd rounders anyway.

But I don't see anyone willing to help us keep Dwight though.

I think it would be worth it...besides a duo of Howard and Paul/Williams would mean our 1st round picks would basically be early 2nd rounders anyway.

But I don't see anyone willing to help us keep Dwight though.

Maybe since the nba owns the hornets, they would allow cp3 and okafor to get traded to us, just to keep the competition high with the eastern teams. The nba will make more money if they teamed up on the magic...

Plus let's not forget the lakers/grizzlies lopsided trade... It could still happen

Maybe since the nba owns the hornets, they would allow cp3 and okafor to get traded to us, just to keep the competition high with the eastern teams. The nba will make more money if they teamed up on the magic...

Plus let's not forget the lakers/grizzlies lopsided trade... It could still happen

That kind of stuff only happens in LA and NY though. On the other hand, we usually fall on the Grizzlies side of the deal.

I love watching professional basketball (no homo)...but the NBA is just a step above professional wrestling at this point.

• Upvote 1

We could easily acquire a chris paul or williams type of guy if we want but that would require several future picks that would potentially cripple our franchise for decades. Acquiring a star and not killing our franchise is the hard part.

H4TW, you think we could easily sign one of those cats? While I want it, I'm not so sure.

That kind of stuff only happens in LA and NY though. On the other hand, we usually fall on the Grizzlies side of the deal.

I love watching professional basketball (no homo)...but the NBA is just a step above professional wrestling at this point.

Hey there's nothing wrong with a little sweet chin music now and then

just watched sportscenter's NBA "experts go around and say what they think about the Dwight situation.. Wilbon said "Dwight can say whatever he wants, we know he's leaving"

Wilbon wants him to the Clippers for a package of Kaman, Jordan and Eric Gordon

Jon Barry said Atlanta (WTF?!) to play with Josh Smith and Joe Johnson? Who does he think they'd give us.. what a dumbass

Chris Broussard says take the Nets deal.. No thanks

and of course Magic Johnson says Lakers to play with Kobe and Gasol...

Honestly, there's not one trade with any of those 4 teams I'd be remotely satisfied with

H4TW, you think we could easily sign one of those cats? While I want it, I'm not so sure.

offer any team 5 unprotected future first round picks and I think almost anyone is tradable. We can get a chris paul type of guy. Would the deal completely kill us for our long term future, probably.