Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

He should stay here, he will make the most money here and no matter where he goes there is going to be a 1-2 yr delay till that team can contend unless he goes to NY and they pick up a pg at the same time. Just stay here, become a legend for a team that has never had one stay. Become a statue out in front of the Amway Center, get your number retired and be the first to do it, those are all things you will never do on the Lakers, Knicks, etc. You will be the first Dwight here, not the next Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Willis Reed, or Patrick.

Everything about this. If one level-headed person had an opportunity to candidly speak to Dwight Howard, this is exactly what they should say.

• Upvote 1

"If Paul tests free agency, he would stand to lose up to $26 million if he turned down the Hornets’ maximum five-year, $100 million offer. The most Paul could earn from another team is a four-year, $74 million contract."

http://basketball.re..._Celtics_Knicks

Can anyone confirm if these same numbers apply to Dwight? If not, can you let us know how much he would lose if he turned down the Magic's max offer?

Somebody crunched some numbers in one of numerous threads and came out with magic 5/100mil other teams 4/61mil. So Im assuming its around the same.

Somebody crunched some numbers in one of numerous threads and came out with magic 5/100mil other teams 4/61mil. So Im assuming its around the same.

Wait... so Magic can offer Dwight 39 million more plus no state income tax?

Wait... so Magic can offer Dwight 39 million more plus no state income tax?

I'm not sure the money will actually make a difference. You hope it does, but reports indicate he wants to team up with a star. I'll wait to hear from Dwight before passing judgement, but I won't hold out hope that he'll take money over winning.

I'm not sure the money will actually make a difference. You hope it does, but reports indicate he wants to team up with a star. I'll wait to hear from Dwight before passing judgement, but I won't hold out hope that he'll take money over winning.

I hear ya, but if we are talking 30 million (give or take), that is a significant chunk of change! I didn't realize it was that substantial.

Does Dwight really dislike playing for Stan that much?!?! or think the player personnel is in such bad shape that he is prepared to leave $30 million on the table??

I know none of us know the answers to these questions, but given the amount of money at stake here, Dwight really has to consider sticking this thing out.

It sounds like Otis is hell bent on letting this most recent team "gel and marinate" to see what it is capable of, and I doubt it gets blown up until he has had a chance to observe and assess what we have here.. Hence the desire to resign J-Rich, etc.

Hopefully when Otis and D12 sit down to meet next week, they can agree to blow this thing up at the trade deadline if this team is not performing like the powerhouse that it needs to be successful in the Eastern Conference, and prepare to try and lure in CP3 or D Will..

Fingers crossed that Otis can work some MAGIC!

BREAKING NEWS:

(per ESPN 2 Sports Ticker while watching Numbers Never Lie...)

Nets PG Deron Williams will not sign extension with New Jersey Nets, and will opt out of deal next Summer.

Hmm. So why should Dwight go there by trade or free agency again? Come to Orlando Deron!!!

BREAKING NEWS:

(per ESPN 2 Sports Ticker while watching Numbers Never Lie...)

Nets PG Deron Williams will not sign extension with New Jersey Nets, and will opt out of deal next Summer.

Hmm. So why should Dwight go there by trade or free agency again? Come to Orlando Deron!!!

If we can create cap space, we have a shot at Deron. But if not, Dwight and Deron can just sign deals with the Nets.

I kinda think this thread should be devoid of discussion and just a place for stories and quotes. If people agree let me know and I'll delete everything else in this thread.

I kinda think this thread should be devoid of discussion and just a place for stories and quotes. If people agree let me know and I'll delete everything else in this thread.

I agree, and there are already too many new threads IMO. We should use the OffSeason Threads

I posted this in the other thread but this is probably a better place to put this. Anyway, glad NA said this.

"It makes my stomach turn," said Nick Anderson, a star on the Orlando team Shaq bolted from and now a Magic community ambassador. "Because it just seems like the same path." ----------------------------------------------------- "I would like Dwight to speak up more," Anderson said. "Leaders should speak up and take the good along with the bad. They say, 'Be a man about it.' Speak up. If there is something that needs to change (on the Magic) or some kind of players you're interested in (having Orlando obtain), speak up. "Superstars, they're accountable for the good and the bad. Some people can handle that when everything is great but when rough times come about, they go and hide... Speak up. What are you scared of?"

http://www.iamagm.co...rd.what.are.you

So Chris Paul lets the hornets know he wont re-sign today. Deron Williams lets the Nets know he wont re-sign......Hmmmm will Dwight let our team know in the next 24 hrs he wont resign?

Deron did not say he won't resign with the nets, he said he won't accept the extension he was offered because he will make more money declining and signing a new deal in the summer.