Sign in to follow this  
Walddo

Boston trading Rondo?

Anyone have any clue why Boston is trying to trade away who I think is probably one of their best, most gifted players? I understand Chris Paul is well...Chris Paul....but it seemed to me this team had other problems, and it wasn't Rondo....I just dont understand it and was curious to some insight....also, would there be any chance we might have pieces to trade for him? I'm not well versed with the cap limit, and the player salaries like some of you guys, I would think Orlando would be just as attractive as Indiana...with or without Dwight....he could at least give us a face for the franchise and he's definitely still got years left....I guess I'm not convinced Gil or Jameer are the answer....

Boston knows that Rondo is heavily overrated. They know that his steals never translate to his man-man D. They know that Rondo is a huge liability on offense without a jumpshot.

Chris Paul on the other hand, led 11 other scrubs to the playoffs and a game 1 victory over Kobe. The guy proved that he could score at will anytime he wanted to and is better at passing/defense than Rondo.

Boston knows that Rondo is heavily overrated. They know that his steals never translate to his man-man D. They know that Rondo is a huge liability on offense without a jumpshot.

Chris Paul on the other hand, led 11 other scrubs to the playoffs and a game 1 victory over Kobe. The guy proved that he could score at will anytime he wanted to and is better at passing/defense than Rondo.

I'm not saying that Paul isn't better than Rondo.. but that's about the only thing you got right... The main reason the Celtics would be okay with dealing Rondo is all attitude related

I'm not saying that Paul isn't better than Rondo.. but that's about the only thing you got right... The main reason the Celtics would be okay with dealing Rondo is all attitude related

Go ask any real Celtics fan out there who aren't casual fans. They'll tell you that Rondo is a terrible defender outisde the stat sheet.

Trading for Rondo or not will not solve any of the problems we have. I would consider it if the deal was for Nelson but not for Gilbert.

Wait, what? Are you saying you would prefer to trade Nelson over Arenas? I must be interpreting what you said incorrectly.

Wait, what? Are you saying you would prefer to trade Nelson over Arenas? I must be interpreting what you said incorrectly.

I am saying we need to move in another direction. I am fine with Gilbert and Nelson running point. But if we are going to make changes in that position we can get more out of Nelson at this point. If you trade Nelson we could get any starting point in the league ( Paul). Honestly we need more defense at point anyway.Gilbert is a great player and has potential to be Agent Zero again(even if he is number one). He can play well with any weapons you put around them. Dont get me wrong Nelson is a great player but his defense has been our down fall on more than one situation.

I am saying we need to move in another direction. I am fine with Gilbert and Nelson running point. But if we are going to make changes in that position we can get more out of Nelson at this point. If you trade Nelson we could get any starting point in the league ( Paul). Honestly we need more defense at point anyway.Gilbert is a great player and has potential to be Agent Zero again(even if he is number one). He can play well with any weapons you put around them. Dont get me wrong Nelson is a great player but his defense has been our down fall on more than one situation.

I'm not sure which one of your two statements is more terrifying: your belief that Nelson could land us any point guard in the league or your belief that we would be fine starting Arenas at the point. Both are laughably untrue.

When you look at Boston they have 4 stars (5 last year) 3 of them are veterans and won't be around for a whole lot longer. So i know Rondo is over rated but once the Big Three are gone who are they gonna look too...Rondo. Now i know ORL depends on Dwight and NOLA depends on CP3 and both teams are still successful with only one all star, but look at Minnesota they have 1 all star in Kevin Love but are not successful. And Rondo as of right is not as good as D12 or CP3 but mabye he will when he knows his team will have no one to depend on but him.

Anyways that is why they want to trade him they dont want to end up like The Wolves or even NJ with D Will. if they could trade Rondo for a couple fresh young talents like a stephen Curry or a John Wall along with other players coming with them i could see them doing that

:superman: