AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I've heard Otis say that he would rather let Dwight go than trade him for a lesser player, but that could be another smokescreen (I love that word)

We can sit here all day and play the what if game, but time will anwser all questions. All I'm going to say is I'm strapped the ***** in!

MClatex031%20copy.jpg

maybe they already know. Maybe dwight did us a (favor?) and told management privately without leaking anything to media. This would allow us to make a better trade.

Maybe. I hate the idea of trading him though, but you have to listen to offers at least. I don't feel like we HAVE to trade him though. I'd rather he just walk then take whatever just to get something.

even His Postgame speech says it all he is going to stay he going to bring better players just stay strapped in

"I’m going to do whatever I can this summer to make sure that we’re never at home again after the first round of the playoffs.

Things will get better in the future, I promise you that!

I've heard Otis say that he would rather let Dwight go than trade him for a lesser player, but that could be another smokescreen (I love that word)

This is the one constant that we have, Otis and his smoke screens! He (Otis) would be wise to remember what happened to John Gabriel.......I think he is still looking for work after all these years!

I'm just sayin!!!! These things happen to GM's when you lose your franchise player!

I still think he wants to stay... I just don't know if we can give him any reason to. I don't really want to make any predictions until after free agency and see how Gil plays.

I do know that Otis has to decide if he is going to make another run for a championship and take risks, or try to clear as much cap as possible. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anybody in free agency.

I still think he wants to stay... I just don't know if we can give him any reason to. I don't really want to make any predictions until after free agency and see how Gil plays.

I do know that Otis has to decide if he is going to make another run for a championship and take risks, or try to clear as much cap as possible. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign anybody in free agency.

I don't think he wants to leave, but star players all want to team up now. He is a FA the same year CP3 and D-Will are, he's going to try and team up with one of them. Otis didn't plan for that, he instead went all in to try and get a title and it didn't work.

I think we may be better off trying to collect expirings. If we could find a way to ship Jameer plus another contract or two for some expirings and then amnesty Arenas after the season, we could have enough cap space to make something happen. I think there is a better chance of it happening that way then Otis signing some FAs and making trades to win now to convince him to stay. It isn't a very good spot right now. That Phoenix trade is one that is going to haunt us. We traded our best trade chips for Hedo and a half year rental of Jason Richardson.

I don't think he wants to leave, but star players all want to team up now. He is a FA the same year CP3 and D-Will are, he's going to try and team up with one of them. Otis didn't plan for that, he instead went all in to try and get a title and it didn't work.

I think we may be better off trying to collect expirings. If we could find a way to ship Jameer plus another contract or two for some expirings and then amnesty Arenas after the season, we could have enough cap space to make something happen. I think there is a better chance of it happening that way then Otis signing some FAs and making trades to win now to convince him to stay. It isn't a very good spot right now. That Phoenix trade is one that is going to haunt us. We traded our best trade chips for Hedo and a half year rental of Jason Richardson.

Agreed. Can't imagine Dwight not being on board with the idea of having enough cap space to go after CP3. Not saying it will happen, a lot of things and decisions will need to go right, but I think he would stay.