AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

If Howard is in such a hurry to get with Deron (or CP3 or whoever), we should trade HIM for Deron and next year have Deron "talk him over" to ORL :shard:

Anyway, it appears that we're in a huge attitude pickle. A lot of people don't like each other in this team (the Howard-Stan-Gilbert-Otis complex is a. key, b. really messed up).

Stan is never gonna ride Arenas, and the team WAS built around Howard. If DH12 skips town, a number of our current contracts will be making little sense.

[if he's 'gone', trade him for assets/picks like Melo and get it the frak over with]

• Downvote 1

There is no way the Wizards amnesty Shard. With the new CBA, teams have to spend around 80-85% of the cap. The Wizards payroll as is, is around 45 million. By amnestying Shard that would drop to around 24 million. So they'd have to spend 20-25 million to get within 80% of the cap, all while paying Shard 20 million to go play for someone else. Not happening. They are better off letting him be a veteran presence this year and then amnesty him next year when they have a higher payroll.

So are we pretty much at a consensus that Dwight is gone?

What really matters to me is that the management gets a business-like answer from Dwight. If I have a key employee who is determined to marry and leave town next year, i'd like to know beforehand and plan my business accordingly.

Knowing crappy news is better than not knowing crappy news.

It doesn't look good. But who knows.

If Dwight truly has made his mind up to leave, he should tell the organization. Even if they don't plan on trading him, they deserve to know before hand.

It doesn't look good. But who knows.

If Dwight truly has made his mind up to leave, he should tell the organization. Even if they don't plan on trading him, they deserve to know before hand.

maybe they already know. Maybe dwight did us a (favor?) and told management privately without leaking anything to media. This would allow us to make a better trade.

I guess this all would be based upon a JADED attention seeking individual who wants nothing more than to make the mans life(D12) a living .............!!

My point is that this discussion has already taken place with Otis and Dwight, depending on the language both sides use (this season) will inicate if he is here to stay or gone for good! Point in fact.....if Otis entertains trade offers........case closed.