AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

yea i hear you on that I'm ready to move on also I'm actually curious to see how the team turns out for opening day without Dwight

I have real doubts that Dwight won't be here on opening day.

Speaking of trolling....

Dwight's already pissed. He's acting like a child and no one should bend over backwards to appease him anymore. He's trashed basically the entire organization so I'm over him and and ready to move on.

I think he's pissed that Otis has traded/cut some of his friends. It may be more of a personal thing than winning thing for him. He's acting like Steve Francis after we traded Mobley.

C-Lee obviously sticks out, I remember Dwight was CLEARLY not happy with him being traded or the Finals roster being broken up. Now it seems like he is buddy-buddy with Arenas and is pissed he is gone despite his pathetic production.

I think he's pissed that Otis has traded/cut some of his friends. It may be more of a personal thing than winning thing for him. He's acting like Steve Francis after we traded Mobley.

C-Lee obviously sticks out, I remember Dwight was CLEARLY not happy with him being traded or the Finals roster being broken up. Now it seems like he is buddy-buddy with Arenas and is pissed he is gone despite his pathetic production.

Dwight surrounded by his average friends (or whoever he wants) for the next 10 years would have been much better then what we're going to get instead.

How management doesn't see this is baffling to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's an absolutely ridiculous viewpoint.

That I wouldn't kiss Dwight's ass when he's blatantly contradicting himself in his complaints and trying to make himself out to be the victim? Call it what you want, the guy's not what any of us thought he was.

Now, can some of this be put on the shoulders of upper management, specifically Otis, for not getting the pieces to allow this team to contend? Absolutely and they should be gone, too, but for Dwight to complain that he wants to win and then throw a hissy fit that we cut Arenas is utter BS.

I'll say again what I said a few weeks before all of this blew up- it's about how he's handling the situation, not the situation itself. You want out? Fine, I can't blame you, but don't set fires on your way out. Just be straightforward about it and both parties can go their separate ways.

Dwight surrounded by his average friends (or whoever he wants) for the next 10 years would have been much better then what we're going to get instead.

Maybe Dwight should be a professional and not cry and pout every time one of his buddies get traded or cut.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another thing I don't get is Lewis was playing like garbage last season before the magic traded him, so I don't know why he is upset that he is gone.

I know I'm new here and people don't seem to take newbies serious around here.... It's obvious that Dwight is delusional and cares more about friendships then actually winning... I'm over it, hope everyone else can too, everyone seems to be on edge and stressed about this which is understandable... I still hold onto hope that he may stay, but if he doesn't then I've prepared myself for what is to come in that scenario as well...

I know I'm new here and people don't seem to take newbies serious around here.... It's obvious that Dwight is delusional and cares more about friendships then actually winning... I'm over it, hope everyone else can too, everyone seems to be on edge and stressed about this which is understandable... I still hold onto hope that he may stay, but if he doesn't then I've prepared myself for what is to come in that scenario as well...

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Welcome aboard :cheers:

Their goal isn't to have a team of below to average players just to make Dwight happy... It's to win a championship... how you don't see that is baffling to me.

So you're obviously attached to Dwight more than this team. Glad we got that out of the way

• Upvote 1

Changing the subject off Dwight for a minute, I wish FIBA would get off their damn asses and finish off that crap with Von Wafer so he and Davis can practice already. Our first preseason game is less than a week away and they have yet to practice with their new teammates.

Also, Otis still has the full MLE to use and we still have holes at backup C and PG that need to be filled. I'm hoping we see something done there soon. Also, as much as I'd like Earl Clark back, I'm not sure it can happen. There is pretty much no room on the roster for him. I believe we're at the 15 man limit and we'd have to cut Hughes and/or Pruitt to make room for any backup big and/or PG. Harper made him expandable, and the Magic giving him a guaranteed contract tells me Clark is gone.

• Upvote 1