AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

The point is that Dwight says that he just wants to win, but then he gets pissed when his average at best buddies aren't on the team, ie. Gil getting axed.

+1

I think this was the best move Otis Smith made in a long time and it was probably tough for him to do it. To my understanding Arenas and Smith are better friends than Howard and Arenas.

Why is Arenas saying things like he will wait for Dwight to be traded and then sign with that team? If he really is then he has been a cancer to the team with his clownish acts all along. He's not helping the Orlando Magic at all by saying that. I'm glad Arenas is gone.

• Downvote 1

I'm sorry but if we aren't trading J-Rich that means Duhon is our backup pg. Arenas is a better player by far and he has lost a lot of weight and all reports are that he looks really good and the long time off has helped a lot.

If there's one thing I've learned over the past couple years, don't believe about 95% the things you hear or see regarding "improving (enter random basketball skill) over the summer". Dwight supposedly improved his FTs dramatically, Dwight now has a Tim Duncan-esque mid range jumper and he'll add it to his repertoire (which he did, but he rarely uses it), Vince Carter was supposedly in better shape, etc.

• Downvote 1

If there's one thing I've learned over the past couple years, don't believe about 95% the things you hear or see regarding "improving (enter random basketball skill) over the summer". Dwight supposedly improved his FTs dramatically, Dwight now has a Tim Duncan-esque mid range jumper and he'll add it to his repertoire (which he did, but he rarely uses it), Vince Carter was supposedly in better shape, etc.

I saw Gil with my own eyes he lost about 15-20 pounds, I was at the charity game. That alone gives me some hope but still doesn't matter he is better than Duhon and keeping Dwight is worth it, doesn't hurt us to keep Gil that's my point.

I saw Gil with my own eyes he lost about 15-20 pounds, I was at the charity game. That alone gives me some hope but still doesn't matter he is better than Duhon and keeping Dwight is worth it, doesn't hurt us to keep Gil that's my point.

I can find 20 million reasons that would hurt us.

That's a big deal, because next offseason magic brass can really cut salary like JJ and hopefully jameer. That's 13mil right there. We could also S&T anderson and take back salary. So many more options are open b/c of that amnesty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can find 20 million reasons that would hurt us.

That's a big deal, because next offseason magic brass can really cut salary like JJ and hopefully jameer. That's 13mil right there. We could also S&T anderson and take back salary. So many more options are open b/c of that amnesty.

Yeah you could give Gil one more season see how he plays. If he plays like he did last yr you call Dwight in and say hey we want to build a team to win multiple Championships but we have to let Gil go to do this.

We can use the amnesty next yr like I said this year with all this going on with Dwight it made no sense to do this unless needed for a trade. All reports suggest J-Rich is not going to be involved in a s&t which means no big moves are happening.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dude i was at that game also and yea Gilbert seemed to be in good shape, but the dude still sucks, i know it wasn't a real game or anything and they were fooling around but his shot was still off. he's done

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

dude i was at that game also and yea Gilbert seemed to be in good shape, but the dude still sucks, i know it was a real game or anything and they were fooling around but his shot was still off. he's done

So because a guy shot bad in a charity when they were barely trying he is done? That might earn dumbest comment ever, I care more about the shape he is in because with him it's physical. He was overweight and out of shape last year but he is more than capable of being a very good backup pg. That's okay though we can PAY him STILL have CHRIS DUHON as our backup and PISS off the best player in the league and become the CAVS. Your decision making skills are AWESOME! Wait OTIS are you trolling??????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So because a guy shot bad in a charity when they were barely trying he is done? That might earn dumbest comment ever, I care more about the shape he is in because with him it's physical. He was overweight and out of shape last year but he is more than capable of being a very good backup pg. That's okay though we can PAY him STILL have CHRIS DUHON as our backup and PISS off the best player in the league and become the CAVS. Your decision making skills are AWESOME! Wait OTIS are you trolling??????

dude chill the ***** out i know this is a hard time but just cause a dude lost weight and is in shape doesn't mean he has his skills back and like i said in my comment, that you says deserves dumbest comment ever, i understand its a charity game and they weren't playing for real but you don't shoot the ball to miss so yea my point across, Arenas looked like the same Arenas from the past season don't kid yourself bro.

• Upvote 2

Speaking of trolling....

Dwight's already pissed. He's acting like a child and no one should bend over backwards to appease him anymore. He's trashed basically the entire organization so I'm over him and and ready to move on.

I think the pissed off version of Kobe Bryant that talked to reporters earlier today said it best about these kinds of things.

"I trust management knows what they're doing," Bryant said. "I'll let them do their jobs and I'll never get in the way of it, but it's tough."

If Kobe isn't going to tell someone what to do in a certain situation a guy with no Championships should probably just keep his mouth shut.

Speaking of trolling....

Dwight's already pissed. He's acting like a child and no one should bend over backwards to appease him anymore. He's trashed basically the entire organization so I'm over him and and ready to move on.

yea i hear you on that I'm ready to move on also I'm actually curious to see how the team turns out for opening day without Dwight

Speaking of trolling....

That's an absolutely ridiculous viewpoint.