AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Thoughts on this trade? Throw in a couple of picks to us... Also maybe add Duhon to the incomings in Chicago

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=84nqcat

Magic get younger, deeper, in the process of losing Dwight.

Hawks get the post-scorer they wish Josh Smith would be on a consistent basis.

LOL

The Hawks are absolutely raped and pillaged in that trade. Why would they do that again?

Anyone who is on here saying that we should trade Dwight to L.A. or Chicago needs to get taken behind the Amway and stoned with big rocks. The goal is to get Dwight to stay. Not to trade him for young players and enjoy the rebuilding process. GTFO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think everyone could use a good laugh at a time like this so.....

30nbwxt.gif

Ok, so maybe it's more disturbing than funny, so what?

• Upvote 1

Anyone who is on here saying that we should trade Dwight to L.A. or Chicago needs to get taken behind the Amway and stoned with big rocks. The goal is to get Dwight to stay. Not to trade him for young players and enjoy the rebuilding process. GTFO.

Thats always our primary goal. But if that can't be achieved and if bridges have been too badly burnt, I'd rather our franchise didn't get raped. Unlike trading with LA, I believe that trading with Chicago (if Dwight makes it 100% clear he will leave in F.A.) could see us acquire some useful assets. We're all after the same thing, keeping Dwight in town, first and foremost though.

If Dwight thinks that Gilbert is a player that will help the magic win a championship then I have serious doubts about Dwight's judgement.

That's not the point we are paying him anyway and using the amnesty now didn't really help. I don't think he will probably ever be a above average player but if Dwight wants him who really cares.

• Upvote 2

That's not the point we are paying him anyway and using the amnesty now didn't really help. I don't think he will probably ever be a above average player but if Dwight wants him who really cares.

The point is that Dwight says that he just wants to win, but then he gets pissed when his average at best buddies aren't on the team, ie. Gil getting axed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was just thinking. Even if we can't make another move, this team will be pretty good. Big Baby is a tremendous upgrade over Bass. We now have someone who knows what help side defense is and how to hustle. Big Baby is also physical and somewhat nimble for being 290 lbs. We should be able to shut out teams from the paint when he and Dwight are in the lineup together. Not to mention our ball movement won't come to a screeching halt anymore now that Bass is gone.

I think our guys are going to come out with a sense of urgency. Dwight has shown that he is not happy and guys are going to want to prove themselves and show that they are not the weak link. I expect JJ, Anderson and Orton to come in much improved and they will be able to give us quality minutes. Turkoglu looked like he has slimmed down a little bit in that shooting drill video and looks like he is going to have a pretty decent year. If he can show a little fire and not give up on plays and give us flashes of what we saw from 07-09 he could bounce back this year. Might mouse should come in healthy and ready to roll with the extended off-season to rest up a little bit and get back into his pre-injury form. This team may just surprise us and Dwight and come out of the gates strong. I truly believe we are only one acquisition away from contending with Miami. I'm not too sure we couldn't hang with them now. We do have the best player in the league on our side and you know he has picked up his game a little more this off-season too.

The point is that Dwight says that he just wants to win, but then he gets pissed when his average at best buddies aren't on the team, ie. Gil getting axed.

I'm sorry but if we aren't trading J-Rich that means Duhon is our backup pg. Arenas is a better player by far and he has lost a lot of weight and all reports are that he looks really good and the long time off has helped a lot. Once again we made the retarded trade in the 1st place and the amnesty didn't help us other than paying luxury tax. So now the millions we pay in luxury tax are worth increasing the chances of losing Dwight? Haha that arena will be a ghost town without Dwight and we can see how much money Devos loses then.

This arguement isn't about how good of a player Arenas is, the benefits far out weigh the negatives of keeping or letting Gil go.

I think everyone could use a good laugh at a time like this so.....

30nbwxt.gif

Ok, so maybe it's more disturbing than funny, so what?

That's great cgi work

Not to mention Dwight is pissed because of a string of incidents this was just the tipping point. He said it himself this has been years in the making, Otis is a joke of a GM and couldn't be a GM of my Best Buy down the street. Dwight obviously made the point that not only does he not like Otis but neither does the majority of the team.

Not to mention how hypocrytical to blame Dwight for wanting Gil here as a friend when the whole reason he was brought here was for the friendship Otis had with Gil. Arenas was considered untradeable and only our retarded GM decided to bite.

• Upvote 1