AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

The Lakers have seemingly stepped up their efforts to acquire Dwight Howard by dealing Lamar Odom to the Mavericks for an $8.9 million trade exception and a future protected draft pick.

While there’s been plenty of talk lately about the Lakers being the favorites to land Howard, indications are that they remain unwilling to part with both Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum.

Trading Gasol and Bynum would empty the Lakers' enviable frontcourt depth.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217396/Report_Lakers_Unwilling_To_Part_With_Both_Gasol_Bynum_For_Howard#ixzz1gHiuPDvW

If I am Smith I want both or no deal.

Dirk has got to be by far the most loyal active NBA player. 14 seasons, 1 team, only been a free agent once (and that was just to negotiate a SMALLER deal, so the Mavericks could land Tyson Chandler), he could have been paid Kobe/Jordan money (30 Mil a year) but didn't want it.

Duncan almost left the Spurs for us, Kobe demanded trades when LA sucked.

The rest?

Howard, Paul, DWill, Carmelo, Amar'e, LeBron, Bosh, Wade, can all kiss my ass.

We need these Reggie Miller, John Stockton guys around the league today.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dirk has got to be by far the most loyal active NBA player. 14 seasons, 1 team, only been a free agent once (and that was just to negotiate a SMALLER deal, so the Mavericks could land Tyson Chandler).

The rest?

Amen! I think Derek Rose will be such a guy.

Dirk has got to be by far the most loyal active NBA player. 14 seasons, 1 team, only been a free agent once (and that was just to negotiate a SMALLER deal, so the Mavericks could land Tyson Chandler), he could have been paid Kobe/Jordan money (30 Mil a year) but didn't want it.

The rest?

Wade's been with Miami this entire time.

The Lakers have seemingly stepped up their efforts to acquire Dwight Howard by dealing Lamar Odom to the Mavericks for an $8.9 million trade exception and a future protected draft pick.

While there’s been plenty of talk lately about the Lakers being the favorites to land Howard, indications are that they remain unwilling to part with both Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum.

Trading Gasol and Bynum would empty the Lakers' enviable frontcourt depth.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217396/Report_Lakers_Unwilling_To_Part_With_Both_Gasol_Bynum_For_Howard#ixzz1gHiuPDvW

If I am Smith I want both or no deal.

Hells no, its either both or nothing, I would let Dwight walk before I traded him straight up for Bynum, for all we know Bynum could be the next coming of Grant Hill and never play a game for the Magic!

If we're going to simply walk Dwight in free agency, we should do it in a way never done before.

Keep Dwight on the roster for the rest of the season, make him dress up every night backing up Malik Allen and Daniel Orton. Dwight plays 2 minutes a night, recording around 3 PPG on 45 percent FT shooting. Since he's such a stat-racker, these 60-66 games will kill his career stats. If he doesn't show up at Amway, we have the right to simply send him home and he can't go anywhere without us waiving him, which we won't.

Professional and classy.