AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Everthing would be different if Fran came over. He would have been best buds with Dwight and we would have all lived happily ever after.

You might not want to create an environment where other free agents don't want to come to Orlando because of how you treat Dwight on the way out.

Part of why players have such control in these situations is organizations' fear of using what measure they have for leverage. Sports is entertainment as a whole and not just a tallying of victories. Wins and losses are only for fans. Owners/execs are frequently fans themselves and competitively want to win, but the bottom line monetarily is a different beast than the record book. The business end is entirely about return on investment whether on a yearly basis or a franchise sale later on. There is some value in retaliating on player who tries to bully the organization. Both in the short term with the publicity and galvanizing the fan base as well as in the long term with having a reputation of not to be screwed with and potentially setting a trend that organizations can stand up for themselves. The fallout is almost entirely from player perception which seems a devasting blow but isn't as bad on second look. Fair treatment to other players will get out too and agents will always feel out another bidder to up the price which means you'll have a shot to give a pitch and help change that perception from harsh to fair but stern. I'm not saying the positives definitely outweigh the negatives, but there is more to the analysis then simply writing it off because it might upset a hypothetical star who might some day want to come here.

Otis smith will be working for his job this week

stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler

Magic view Dwight as a once in a generation Big Man... they are not going to blink because D12 is unhappy right now.

they right , he is and we have to try to keep him... We lost the last once in a generation Big Man, lets not do it again..

Long time Orlando fan here...

I really wanted to 2009 team to stay together, too, but the split was inevitable.

Hedo fled and he was huge part of that 2009 team. Nothing we could do about that.

I understand being upset that Courtney Lee was traded... I want him back, too.

But now D12 is upset about the 2009 team splitting up AND Arenas getting amnestied?

Does he realize that we gave up part of the 2009 team to get Arenas?

Confusing.

Anyway - I say we just try to reassemble the 2009 team.

Trade Jrich for Rashard.

Trade Anderson for Clee.

Trade Qrich for Pietrus.

Call the local nursing home and see if Anthony Johnson wants to return.

I cant stand our Management, What a bunch of pansies letting Otis's Ego run our star player out of town. When I first read that Dwight requested a trade I was so pissed at Dwight, but after the last 2 days of interviews it's clear to me that Otis is the main problem. The Management staff should have already sent him packing.

Were trying to convince Dwight to want to stay with our team and Otis is walking around ignoring him. If the owners canned him tomorrow I believe Alex could sit Dwight down and say were all ears. Who do you want? We will try our best to get them for you. Tell him to try to reach out to these players to see if they ae interested.

Long time Orlando fan here...

I really wanted to 2009 team to stay together, too, but the split was inevitable.

Hedo fled and he was huge part of that 2009 team. Nothing we could do about that.

I understand being upset that Courtney Lee was traded... I want him back, too.

But now D12 is upset about the 2009 team splitting up AND Arenas getting amnestied?

Does he realize that we gave up part of the 2009 team to get Arenas?

Confusing.

Anyway - I say we just try to reassemble the 2009 team.

Trade Jrich for Rashard.

Trade Anderson for Clee.

Trade Qrich for Pietrus.

Call the local nursing home and see if Anthony Johnson wants to return.

Man what happened to AJ? I remember he used to own a blinds company or something.

Dwight dropped the deuce yesterday... its out there... it does not go away easily, and its not going to be pretty..

You guys ask is it possible for the Magic to fix this?... sure Lakers did with Kobe Bryant... but its gonna be a process

We got some kind of chance