AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

You guys talking about Rip and Billups like they are still in their prime in Detroit. Thats like signing an injured Grant Hill all over again!

Hill never won a Championship. Or several.

I don't think anyone is saying Rip and Billups are 2007-caliber. But look at their stats from last year and tell me they aren't still viable NBA starters on a contender:

Chauncey: 16.8 ppg, 5 assists, 40% three pt., 91% ft throw (72 games)

Hamilton: 14 ppg, 3.5 assists, 38% three pt., 85% ft throw (55 games, 27 minutes/gm)

I'm not saying to give them the full MLE or anything, but if you can get them to play with a chip on their shoulder for a contending team, you can't tell me they are totally washed up.

If they clear the amnesty waver wire, they become free agents. Teams don't HAVE to bid on them just because they got amnestied.

Outstanding! I did forget that aspect of the new process. But what are the chances of that happenning? Billups may have a lot to offer, sombody will claim him! O.K........the truth is, I don't want to see him join the Enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going out drinkin with Bob Vander Weide to sort all of this out ....may even call Dwight later to show some bro love.

At least we understand why he was drinking now. He saw the party that was unfolding, and wanted an early start to the festivities.