AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

2nd round pick? wow.

Actually a good deal getting rid of that contract that team is in serious rebuild mode and needs to shed some cap space. Foreign players love Toronto anyway so MP will be fine he can jack as many 3's as he wants there and get PT.

Actually a good deal getting rid of that contract that team is in serious rebuild mode and needs to shed some cap space. Foreign players love Toronto anyway so MP will be fine he can jack as many 3's as he wants there and get PT.

I didn't say it was a bad or good deal. I am surprised that he was had for a 2nd round pick.

2nd round pick? wow.

They would have signed him outright, but could give him a slightly better deal by using their TE.

So they gave up a 2nd round pick for the right to sign him with their TE instead of their cap space. No big deal.

I think what should have happened is that the NBA Owners have something in the new collective bargaining agreement to deter players from controlling everything. Why is it now you have so many players now asking for trades before they even fulfill their contract. I don't remember this Crap going on with Magic, Jordan, and Bird. It is creating an NBA where only the Large Markets can get stars. Even if a small market teams happens to draft a star they are just polishing him up for where he will eventually end up L.A., New York, Boston, or Miami. I agree it is up to Small market mgmt to make wise personell decisions. But this current trend is really distrurbing IMO. But, I agree it should have been addressed better under the new CBA, not like it was with NO (cause that looks shady).

That's just weird. Why would you have your dad do it for you? I guess it's technically Dwight Howard requesting a trade, but still.

Wait? You mean we are still on about this? It is a rumor! Also, firing his manager? What for? Because clearly his manager has done nothing wrong at all. Guess what...your a crock and you are taking this too damn far.

daldridgetnt Magic contemplating filing tampering charges against two teams for illegal contact w/ Dwight Howard. Story up soon on NBA.com.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm