AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Reggie Evans couldn't defend the rim from a boy scout troop if he had a column of tanks at his command.

Also, I'm not sure I could cheer for a guy that thought it'd be nice to grab Chris Kaman's scrote, especially long-haired Chris Kaman.

I think Gil gets cut through the amnesty. Additionally, I think Otis does everything possible to dump Turk with any other sort of asset(s). Then I think Otis tries to load up the team with one year vets.

When will the trading period start??? Immediately following the signing of the deal???

Dumb question by a dumb foreigner: Could Otis and Gil have made a verbal agreement on Gil restructing his deal, if Orlando would trade for him, but Gil would not lose the money that would be erased on the new deal, but ownership would pay him "behind the scenes" in some sort of "bonus fees" that no one in the NBA would have to know about?

My dumb question, after that, is: Is that even legal? I'm quite sure it's not possible, as teams would just pay their star players countless amounts of "bonus fees" to keep them in place..

I hope there's a way to dump Gil and Hedo before the year is over.. that would be great for the future. Or at least have the potential to be great. Whatever Otis does I just hope he makes Dwight "feel important" and let Dwight in on every decision.. just keep him informed I mean, I don't expect D12 to be the assistant GM. But basically Dwight needs the Cleveland-to-LeBron treatment.

Either that or I hope we dump Hedo, and Gil somehow returns to something close to Hibachi... but I don't know how realistic the thought is. At least more realistic than Hedo returning to MIP form, I would imagine.

Dumb question by a dumb foreigner: Could Otis and Gil have made a verbal agreement on Gil restructing his deal, if Orlando would trade for him, but Gil would not lose the money that would be erased on the new deal, but ownership would pay him "behind the scenes" in some sort of "bonus fees" that no one in the NBA would have to know about?

My dumb question, after that, is: Is that even legal? I'm quite sure it's not possible, as teams would just pay their star players countless amounts of "bonus fees" to keep them in place..

My dumb 17 year old foreigner mind tells me that it's illegal to have money in your account that you can't/don't want to explain where it came from.

I hope there's a way to dump Gil and Hedo before the year is over.. that would be great for the future. Or at least have the potential to be great. Whatever Otis does I just hope he makes Dwight "feel important" and let Dwight in on every decision.. just keep him informed I mean, I don't expect D12 to be the assistant GM. But basically Dwight needs the Cleveland-to-LeBron treatment.

Either that or I hope we dump Hedo, and Gil somehow returns to something close to Hibachi... but I don't know how realistic the thought is. At least more realistic than Hedo returning to MIP form, I would imagine.

Hedo sucked so bad last year that he could be the MIP again

My dumb 17 year old foreigner mind tells me that it's illegal to have money in your account that you can't/don't want to explain where it came from.

That's why I questioned the legal side of it and not being possible, broman.

EDIT: But you could always hope we'd show some gangsta side and do some poker plays behind the scenes and hope we won't get busted... Otis is, after all, The Poker Faced Joker... but we all know he won't, since the Joker rarely wins, if ever.

But the Joker COULD manipulate his thugs into believing his words of restructure!

Amirite?

That's why I questioned the legal side of it and not being possible, broman.

EDIT: But you could always hope we'd show some gangsta side and do some poker plays behind the scenes and hope we won't get busted... Otis is, after all, The Poker Faced Joker... but we all know he won't, since the Joker rarely wins, if ever.

But the Joker COULD manipulate his thugs into believing his words of restructure!

Amirite?

In Otis we trust