Sign in to follow this  
JRam027

Joe Paterno fired.

He knew about someone who liked to f*** little boys in the a**. He knew there would be future victims. He said nothing. For years. He had to go..

All I'm going to say is that the media is leaving out a lot of important imformation, pitting Paterno into some monster. Read the 23 page indictment and compare to what ESPN is spewing out.

I agree that Coach had to go, but the public's perception is rediculous. There are so many other things that people don't know about. Not defending anyone involved, but the fact that Paterno has taken more heat than anyone else, including Jerry Sandusky, is beyond me.

I am very disappointed in the University for contradicting it's reputation and what it stands for. I also grieve for the victims and their families.

I agree that Coach had to go, but the public's perception is rediculous. There are so many other things that people don't know about. Not defending anyone involved, but the fact that Paterno has taken more heat than anyone else, including Jerry Sandusky, is beyond me.

He hasn't taken more heat than Sandusky. Sandusky is going to prison. Paterno lost his cushy job that he should have retired from 10 years ago. There is no planet where the latter is worse than the former.

Best case scenario for Paterno here is that he is guilty of fostering an atmosphere of criminal negligence that led to the abuse of many children over a decade plus. That's the BEST case scenario, and you can only buy into that notion if you believe that everything that has been said by Paterno and others, others including several people who were caught lying to the grand jury already, is 100% true.

The idea that he is getting anything he shouldn't from this is ridiculous, and only proves further that there is no one America would defend faster and in a more ridiculous manner than football celebrities. Holy *****ing christ.

• Upvote 1

All I'm going to say is that the media is leaving out a lot of important imformation, pitting Paterno into some monster. Read the 23 page indictment and compare to what ESPN is spewing out.

I am very disappointed in the University for contradicting it's reputation and what it stands for. I also grieve for the victims and their families.

ESPN is focusing on Paterno more than anybody else in this because Joe Paterno is Penn State and has been for as long as most of us on this board have been alive.. The whole thing makes me sick and lowers my faith in humanity.. McQueary still having his job is nauseating.. The Penn State students rioting in the streets and destroying things is nauseating.. And the fact that we'll probably never really know how many young boys that that monster ruined the lives for because the solutions were to 'take away his keys to the football facility' (which reportedly he still had until last week) and tell him to 'stop having showers with young boys' instead of somebody doing the right thing that even the most decent of human beings would do and reporting it to proper authorites (or in extreme cases, beating that old pervert within an inch of his life), it's just pathetic...

By the way, I never wanna hear Joe Paterno get compared to Bobby Bowden ever again

• Upvote 1

By the way, I never wanna hear Joe Paterno get compared to Bobby Bowden ever again

In terms of who the better coach is, this is completely irrelevent. In terms of the better individual, you'd have a strong case

The whole thing makes me sick and lowers my faith in humanity

Luckily mine had already been lowered by the atrocities that have pervaded human history.

• Upvote 1

He hasn't taken more heat than Sandusky. Sandusky is going to prison. Paterno lost his cushy job that he should have retired from 10 years ago. There is no planet where the latter is worse than the former.

Best case scenario for Paterno here is that he is guilty of fostering an atmosphere of criminal negligence that led to the abuse of many children over a decade plus. That's the BEST case scenario, and you can only buy into that notion if you believe that everything that has been said by Paterno and others, others including several people who were caught lying to the grand jury already, is 100% true.

The idea that he is getting anything he shouldn't from this is ridiculous, and only proves further that there is no one America would defend faster and in a more ridiculous manner than football celebrities. Holy *****ing christ.

There's still some question marks in the case, like Mike McQueary's story to Paterno. We're finding out more by the hour.

And contrary to what the media is spreading, when he was first notified of one of the incidents, Paterno contacted Gary Schultz, who at the time was head of the Unversity Police. From the point Paterno passed it on to Schultz is where the screw up really occurred. Schultz then escalated it to his superior and it went on until the District Attorney was called in. That same district attorney said that no investigation was necessary. That same district attorney is now missing annd hasn't been seen in years.

Everyone says Joe Pa should've gone to the police, but nobody says McQueary (who actually witnessed it) should.

I'm not upset about Joe Pa getting fired, it was probably the best move. But the way ESPN is handling this is disgusting. Joe Pa didn't rape any children, stop trying to tell me he did ESPN.

Also, no mention on SC that Wilson Ramos was kidnapped. I'm sure when they do mention it they'll say Joe Pa did it. It's the "Bush did it" of sports now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And in regards to the riots in State College, I'm ashamed. The majority of the students protested peacfully, and I commend them. But the ones who went on a rampage, I am disgusted with. I understand the tension, especially after it was announced how Paterno was informed, but you have to know that the entire world is focused on your school.

In case you didn't hear how Paterno was informed, look into it. You'll see how poorly administration is handling the entire thing

How in the hell is Mike McQueary still employed and in line to coach Saturday?

My guess is that it's because he could turn it into employment termination being that he's a coach.

Don't fret, the guy's not going to last long. I wouldn't even be shocked to see him put on leave within the next few days. PSU fans such as myself want him out ASAP