Sign in to follow this  
God Hates Otis Smith

I have accepted the fact Dwight is gone

Oh here we go...

Look, if Dwight leaves, he leaves. That's the business of the game. We'll go into a re-build and that's that. It's not like we haven't seen the Magic suck before and at the end of the day, we have no control over anything that happens. Just sit back and enjoy the lockout.

Look -- D12 has stated he wants to play with Chris Paul. Magic management's goal is simple, though it will be a difficult task. Lure Chris Paul for the 2012 season into a Magic uniform. Do your very best to make that happen for Dwight. Don't trade Dwight in February, and have the faith he will stay if we get the right pieces in.

The Magic is victim of bad moves, I now agree to this even though I praised the mid season trades last year. I was wrong. The loss of Gortat was wrong. Getting the bloated Turk and Arenas contracts were wrong. If Dwight leaves, it is the fault of management for making wrong moves and overpaying over the hill players -- plain and simple. No reason how we have the highest payroll in Basketball and only have 1 legit star to show for it.

Alright smart guy, if it's a fact he's leaving, who's he signing with?

And so help me Tebow if you say Lakers I will reach through the interwebs and smack your teeth so far down your throat you'll have to stick a toothbrush up your ass to brush them. /Rock

• Upvote 1

Alright smart guy, if it's a fact he's leaving, who's he signing with?

And so help me Tebow if you say Lakers I will reach through the interwebs and smack your teeth so far down your throat you'll have to stick a toothbrush up your ass to brush them. /Rock

:shard:

Anyone read this article in USA today?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/10/dwight-howard-talks-stan-van-gundy-and-leaving-orlando/1

"Orlando Magic superstar Dwight Howard spoke of the tenor of his life in Orlando and the tone of coach Stan Van Gundy's voice in a Q&A with Esquire writer Scott Raab.

On Van Gundy:

Stan's a great guy away from basketball. He's passionate. He loves the game. I have no problem with him off the court. The only thing I had a real problem with was the way he coached. It was very tough with Stan, because he yelled a lot, and I don't want to be that guy to yell at my teammates along with my coach. Because they're going to turn it all off. I had to find different ways to motivate my team. Sometimes when you have so much negativity, it's really hard to be positive. I had a lot of negativity growing up, so I understand how to block the negativity out.

On traveling the world:

...The next place on my bucket list is Antarctica. I don't know how I'm going to get there. When people ask me where I'm from, I say, "Antarctica. They got a colony down there, and they breed tall guys." People are like, "Wow, there's people in Antarctica?" And I'm like, "Yeah, we've got a whole colony. It's about 150."

On leaving Orlando:

There's more you can do in a bigger place. I'm stuck in a tough position because I feel like right now, where I'm at, I've done so much. And I just don't know what else I can do. I can't live for everybody else. I don't know what decision I'm gonna make as of right now. It's been crazy. Everybody wants me to come here, come play here, come to our team, do this. It's a great feeling, though, to be wanted...The toughest part for me is the city — the people. They've got burgers named after me in Orlando, they've got a Web site saying, "Please stay." I love the people in the city. I've literally sat on the bench with a towel on my head crying, because I feel the passion in the stands. I just think about what's going to be best for what I want to accomplish in my life. And I don't want that door to close on me, wherever that door is. I don't want it to close."

Welllll there ya have it. How ironic that a couple months ago it was "I'm srayin" and now he talks about "not have anything left to do in Orlando"

Did u expect any less?

is what it is...let's just hope our brass has the opportunity to get a nice return for his services.

I understand the business aspect of it all - but Dwight was far from perfect in Orlando. There's plenty of more that could have been done on his end to.

is what it is...let's just hope our brass has the opportunity to get a nice return for his services.

I understand the business aspect of it all - but Dwight was far from perfect in Orlando. There's plenty of more that could have been done on his end to.

Ain't that the truth. It seems like if the other team had a legit 7 footer Howard was going to have a tough night. I don't remember superstar centers from the past having this issue.

I agree. Don't get pissed off at Dwight. Magic front office could have fired that not so smart Smith long ago.

So are we turning against him in advance, because he MIGHT leave? So that if he leaves, we turned against him before thus giving him another reason to leave? Are we then going to say "I was against Dwight before it was cool"? Are we hipsters?