Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Jerseys are for Kids only???

Interesting article I came across on ESPN. What do you all think?

The three fastest-growing diseases in America today are diabetes, Lyme disease, and sports jerseys.

Wearing a jersey used to be for kids. You be Tom Brady and I'll be Darrelle Revis. Now people with actual jobs are wearing them. At 6, it's adorable. At 36, deplorable.

You can't swing your arms at an NFL game without hitting somebody in one. (A very good idea, by the way.)

You say it's your way of expressing devotion to your team? I say try a hat. It doesn't make you look like an adult Trick-or-Treater.

What's your jersey dream? Someone shrieking, "Oh, my God! There's Brian Urlacher! Oh, wait. No, no. It's just Justin from purchasing."?

Women in jerseys? Fine. But dude, you're really going out with another man's name on your back? Do you have no male pride?

But like gluten-free beer, the jersey flood seems un-damn-able. But can we at least have some rules?

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008222/rick-reilly-jersey-rules

By wearing a jersey, you are waiving your rights to any sexual activity for the evening. No woman in history has ever said, "Oooh, that guy wearing the jersey of another man! That's hot!"

I've never met a woman who would decide whether or not to have sex with a man entirely based on the shirt they were wearing.

Rick Reilly meets strange women, apparently.

[/font][/color]

I've never met a woman who would decide whether or not to have sex with a man entirely based on the shirt they were wearing.

Rick Reilly meets strange women, apparently.

I dunno. If you take two guys with more or less the same looks and same income and have one wearing nice clothes (button up, maybe a blazer) and the other wearing a jersey and stick them in the club I would say the guy dressed nice has a far better chance of bringing a woman home. It sounds like a broad generalization of women, but from what I've seen in my adult life (which granted is a small sample size, I'm only 23) it seems to be true.

Fortunately, there are plenty of women who don't choose partners based on income and clothing. Some of them actually take your personality into account.

Another weird thing about that article is the kind of veiled homophobia of making it a point to emphasize that you're wearing the jersey of another man, as if that matters at all. I suppose those arguments don't apply to WNBA jerseys. But I guess it's assumed that no one would wear a woman's jersey anyway.

Fortunately, there are plenty of women who don't choose partners based on income and clothing. Some of them actually take your personality into account.

Another weird thing about that article is the kind of veiled homophobia of making it a point to emphasize that you're wearing the jersey of another man, as if that matters at all. I suppose those arguments don't apply to WNBA jerseys. But I guess it's assumed that no one would wear a woman's jersey anyway.

I think it was more about wearing a shirt of a man who accomplished the dreams you could've only wish to have done. Still ridiculous either way.