Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Americans think the US Governments wastes 51% of the money it spends

Link is here: http://www.gallup.co...ery-Dollar.aspx

I want someone to try to explain that logic to me. How does someone look at the entire scope of what government does and say: "Yes, I can say that guessing that 51% of what my government does is a waste of money is completely logical thing to believe,"

Do people not *****ing think about the **** they say? Do they not realize how completely bat**** crazy that percentage is?

Forgetting for a moment that the average person is an idiot, I'm sure that some of that estimation is a consideration for programs that someone does not agree with being included as a waste of money. Hell, if you think the bailouts were a waste of money, there you go right there.

• Downvote 1

Forgetting for a moment that the average person is an idiot, I'm sure that some of that estimation is a consideration for programs that someone does not agree with being included as a waste of money. Hell, if you think the bailouts were a waste of money, there you go right there.

Even assuming something like that, like assuming a person thinks the very existence of a program like Social Security is a complete waste, I still don't see how you get to a 51% number.

51% of all money is wasted is essentially saying that 51% of all people who do work, directly or indirectly, for the government literally do nothing all day, every day.

I can't even imagine how bad at my job I'd have to be for even 20% of my time to be wasted, let alone all of it.

Even assuming something like that, like assuming a person thinks the very existence of a program like Social Security is a complete waste, I still don't see how you get to a 51% number.

51% of all money is wasted is essentially saying that 51% of all people who do work, directly or indirectly, for the government literally do nothing all day, every day.

I can't even imagine how bad at my job I'd have to be for even 20% of my time to be wasted, let alone all of it.

You can't look at it as a realistic estimate of tax dollars wasted as much as you can an estimate of the trust the public has in the government. If you ask the average person on the street, they have no idea what the budget is, their "guesstimation" is indicative of their trust in government and probably shouldn't be taken literally.

And a good quarter of the nation thinks that 9/11 was an inside job. This actually surprises you DOM? The average person in this country is a retard.

The average IQ is 100. Being deemed mentally retarded means your IQ is less than 70. That means your IQ has to be almost two complete standard deviations under the mean. Therefore, the average person in this nation is not retarded, they are simply average.

I actually did have an IQ test back in my youth, and I scored high enough to be able to join MENSA.

In my opinion, the only role of government in society is to protect the personal liberties of its citizens. So yes, all the rest is a waste. (And this certainly does not occur with military presence overseas.)

The government does nothing but take money from productive members and AT BEST redistributes it inefficiently. At worst...well a great example is Solyndra. The depth with which Keynesian theory permeates society in all aspects and has simply become the status quo is disheartening and amusing in a sad, pathetic way. The irony is, the ones able to profit individually, not by government decree, are the ones that see it for the fallacy that it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What's a load of crap?

The poll. It's so silly and vague. Could probably get more out of asking people if they think red is better than blue

I actually did have an IQ test back in my youth, and I scored high enough to be able to join MENSA.

That's around a 132 depending on the type of IQ test, or only a 1250 back in the day when I took the SAT. No big deal. I wouldn't go around bragging about it,