Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

Dwight Howard turns to a free-throw maestro to help his stroke

OMG NEWS!!

With his free-throw percentages hardly improving seven seasons into what should be a Hall of Fame career, Dwight Howard(notes) has turned to a self-styled guru for help with a touch gone wrong.

The Orlando Magic center is a nice guy, a willing learner, a dominant force defensively and a terrible free-throw shooter. That last aspect isn't exactly his Achilles' heel -- the All-Star's dodgy teammates are the biggest reason the NBA's best center has made it out of his conference's bracket only once in his career -- but it would certainly help both Howard and his team if he could make, say, three-quarters of his gimmie attempts.

He's stuck at just below 58 percent from the stripe on his career, with a low of 52 percent and a high of 62 percent. Which is tough, because Howard has shown that he can stick a good elbow under the ball and showcase a good stroke.

This is where Ed Palubinskas comes in. The Aussie swears he can turn Howard from the last Shaquille O'Neal(notes) (who Palubinskas once worked with) into, at the very least, the next Patrick Ewing (who Howard once worked with). To say nothing of the next Jack Sikma.

Dwight Howard turns to a free-throw maestro to help his stroke

• Upvote 2

the All-Star's dodgy teammates are the biggest reason the NBA's best center has made it out of his conference's bracket only once in his career

Is it just me, or is this little tidbit not really needed for the article and has sounds of "Dwight, this is why you should leave Orlando"?

He worked "briefly" with Shaq, who we all know couldn't hit a free throw to save his life, and here we are crying in joy like Dwight's FT problems have been solved. Maybe he said "I will completely change his numbers in less than one week and you won't recognize him" about Shaq before he worked with him too, who knows.

If there is "next season" and Dwight is OMG HITTING FREEBIES, I'll be really happy... but lettuce be cereal for a moment here and steer our cloud 9 back to Planet Earth before we crash into the Moon.

Hope Dwight starts hitting them though :D

He worked "briefly" with Shaq, who we all know couldn't hit a free throw to save his life, and here we are crying in joy like Dwight's FT problems have been solved. Maybe he said "I will completely change his numbers in less than one week and you won't recognize him" about Shaq before he worked with him too, who knows.

If there is "next season" and Dwight is OMG HITTING FREEBIES, I'll be really happy... but lettuce be cereal for a moment here and steer our cloud 9 back to Planet Earth before we crash into the Moon.

Hope Dwight starts hitting them though :D

Next season Dwight is going to be one arm shot putting free throws like Shaq. I can't wait.

Good news for whoever lands him :creaturedance:

LALALALALA!! I CAN'T HEAR UUU! :lurk: :lurk:

LALALALALA!! I CAN'T HEAR UUU! :lurk: :lurk:

Why hasn't anyone corrected this in red Arial font?