Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2011 season Thread

My reaction? It would help recruiting (not much since we're already very good in that area). The folks at the world wide leader have convinced everyone that the SEC is better than the NFC East, so naturally college kids want to play there now. My beef isn't with the SEC itself, or the teams in it (except Florida, but only cause they're a rival). It's with the fans and the media making them out to be a lot more than what they are. The SEC is a conference loaded with teams that are rich in tradition, but being rich in tradition doesn't mean you're a good team RIGHT NOW. People act as if Peyton Manning is still at Tennessee. He's not, and they're terrible. The SEC has one, sometimes two, elite teams in it year in and year out. That's then followed by three or four teams that are solid, good not great, and then the bottom six are downright awful. The "every week is a tough week in the SEC" line is a joke, if they said that about just the SEC West, I could go along with it. But even then, Ole Miss is currently terrible, Auburn was a .500 team until Cam Newton arrived, and Mississippi State was routinely horrible until just this past season they reached mediocrity. That's half the division right there.

I'm going to amend this statement and say they usually have 2 elite teams and 3 very very good teams every year but it gets pretty annoying when Vanderbilt fans start an SEC chant.

I'm going to amend this statement and say they usually have 2 elite teams and 3 very very good teams every year but it gets pretty annoying when Vanderbilt fans start an SEC chant.

It's not just Vandy though, everyone in Orlando jizzed their pants when UCF beat Georgia, even though Georgia was sub .500, and Boise's "big game" this year is Georgia. Go ahead and pencil them in the title game, hopefully the BCS cockblocks them.

My bigger beef is that they never play anybody. Stupid people that say they're the greatest league ever and better than some NFL teams are just that, stupid people (looking at you Jemele Hill). For Tebow's sake, we're wrapping up year two of a home and home with Oklahoma, when does an SEC team ever do that? Sure, Alabama will play Virginia Tech, as long as it's in Atlanta. And LSU will play Oregon, as long as it's in Dallas.

Vanderbilt doesn't have fans. People go to games to watch the other teams, and to cheer for Tennessee even if they aren't involved in any way.

When I was there, I thought Vandy sounded stupid, so I tried to get people to refer to the school as 'derbilt. It did not catch on.

Vanderbilt doesn't have fans. People go to games to watch the other teams, and to cheer for Tennessee even if they aren't involved in any way.

When I was there, I thought Vandy sounded stupid, so I tried to get people to refer to the school as 'derbilt. It did not catch on.

thats because derbilt sounds like the hungarian "bob the builder"