Sign in to follow this  
Tactical Tomato

Dwight Howard putting in work!

News has been soooo slow this offseason its crazy, Realgm put up an article abt Howard yesterday talking abt his new shot:

http://basketball.re..._Shooting_Coach

Any thoughts? I think its great that Howard is trying to expand is game, personally i feel if he can hit some sort of elbow jumper with consistency he would be almost unstoppable. Also hearing that he's going to be working with Hakeem again is GREAT news. I'm thinking that if there is a shortened season it might prove good since he can work on his game more but if we stink it up again I would hate to have to face a team with a jump-shot capable Howard in a couple of years.

We've heard this same spiel for the past 3 years. Not very exciting anymore :svgsad:

That's not the statement of someone who's properly strapped in....

It's good that dwight is developing his jumper but i want it to be a last option on offense for him. He's already amazingly effective, why take a lower % shot?

I wish stats cube still existed :(

It's good that dwight is developing his jumper but i want it to be a last option on offense for him. He's already amazingly effective, why take a lower % shot?

I wish stats cube still existed :(

I agree, but it'd be nice if his jumper became a serious threat because it would open up lanes and most importantly get defenders to fall for his fakes/give him a free layup/dunk.

I agree, but it'd be nice if his jumper became a serious threat because it would open up lanes and most importantly get defenders to fall for his fakes/give him a free layup/dunk.

yup. I think he still needs to work on being comfortable with double teams. thats the only complaint i have with his game

We've heard this same spiel for the past 3 years. Not very exciting anymore :svgsad:

His shot did improve last season. The work he is putting in is more than just lip service.

How about staying out of foul trouble, not getting technical fouls, and making free throws. Other than that there isn't much to complain about Dwight Howard.

Now I know he's definitely a franchise player and the go to guy, etc... but he's still a sidekick type of player. Dwight Howard will never win a championship w/o another dominant scorer alongside, or at least a dominant offensive player good enough to put him in position to score on every possession.

Here is to hoping I'm wrong and he can carry us past the first round again at least.

• Upvote 1

How about staying out of foul trouble, not getting technical fouls, and making free throws. Other than that there isn't much to complain about Dwight Howard.

Now I know he's definitely a franchise player and the go to guy, etc... but he's still a sidekick type of player. Dwight Howard will never win a championship w/o another dominant scorer alongside, or at least a dominant offensive player good enough to put him in position to score on every possession.

Here is to hoping I'm wrong and he can carry us past the first round again at least.

you're ridiculous. there isn't a player alive that can be the only dominant scorer and win a championship.