Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NFL 2011 Season Thread

Just checked and I beat you 97-91 in the final Trey. I have sent email invites to everyone that was in last season

Can you resend it to me? It's not in my inbox.

Not a big Bucs fan, but I am loving what they are doing in Tampa Bay. Freeman is big time, and if I were a Bucs fans, I'd be begging for a no. 1 receiver. REALLY like Williams, but he is better suited as a #2/touchdown machine.

I'd throw my first born to try and get Fitz in Tampa.

I'd give up my right nut to get Fitz in Tampa but it's not happening. They believe they are a QB away from Super Bowl contention so they are not giving up the best WR in the NFL for anything.

Plus I don't see WR as a glaring need for Tampa. Sure I'd love to have a clear number one so Mike Williams can be the 2 and Benn can move to the slot, but those two are fine as it is with Winslow taking up the middle of the Defense. I'm much more concerned with the other side of the ball. The DL is a recipe that now has all the ingredients, just needs to see if they stew well together. The LB core needs upgrades, and a decision on wither or not Rudd is staying or going (I say stay, this is no time to have a rookie LB take over a very young Defense and bump a captain).

But the most glaring problem is the DB's. Talib and Jackson are both huge question marks with there history of problems, which hurts because if they could get it together there talent is unquestioned. Barber needs to step down to nickle packages only but he can't do that if the talent is not there to replace him, diminished skills counting he still is a damned good player.

I'd hate to say it because it goes against what the Bucs have done so well recently (not overspending and getting young players) but I think the owners need to open up the bank and go after a guy like Namdi. Even if they overpay (which they most deffinitely will have to), he can lock down one half the field and give the young DL a chance to grow and get after the QB.

We should do a keeper league.

I was thinking this yesterday, they are awesome but we need 100% commitment to make it work properly! Can everyone vote on whether they want in on a keeper league?

I think the Bucs should be really active in trying to get depth in the secondary. Go all in for Asoughma and if that doesn't work, go after Jonathan Joseph from Cincinnati. Also, I would really like us to pick up Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles as a change of pace back to Blount's power running. Regardless, I think we'll have another great year. Hopefully we'll surprise a few people and make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking this yesterday, they are awesome but we need 100% commitment to make it work properly! Can everyone vote on whether they want in on a keeper league?

I've never played keeper league rules. What do they entail. I always finish fantasy leagues so commitment is not a problem for me.

I've never played keeper league rules. What do they entail. I always finish fantasy leagues so commitment is not a problem for me.

The day to day rules are the same as a normal league but strategy will be slightly different as a set number of players (can be agreed upon) are set as keepers which means you roll them over to next season and we then draft the remaining pool of players. This obviously affects decisions you will make around trading players as well as taking a more long term view on players

The day to day rules are the same as a normal league but strategy will be slightly different as a set number of players (can be agreed upon) are set as keepers which means you roll them over to next season and we then draft the remaining pool of players. This obviously affects decisions you will make around trading players as well as taking a more long term view on players

So keeper means we will take the players from the present season into the next one, or that we will carry the ones we had last season into this one?

So keeper means we will take the players from the present season into the next one, or that we will carry the ones we had last season into this one?

Yeah. For example, in one keeper league I'm in you can keep up to three players. You have to keep at least one, and say you don't keep three and only keep two, what would've been that third player is an extra draft pick. On my team in that league I'm keeping Peyton (duh), probably keeping Anquan, and might keep Darren McFadden.

You can make trades in the offseason and keep that player too. Example, last summer I traded Favre for Anquan, and put Anquan on my keeper list.

We will start fresh this season and draft as normal but next year we can select up to 3 keepers and the process trey mentioned will take place. It's a good way of keeping people interested even if they drop off as you can look to next season and male trades you think can help you in the future etc