Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NFL 2011 Season Thread

The NFL Players Association executive board and 32 team reps have voted unanimously to approve the terms of a deal to the end the 4½-month lockout.

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, one of the 10 named plaintiffs in the players' antitrust lawsuit against the NFL, said in a statement, "I want to get back to work."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6799301/nflpa-unanimously-approves-labor-deal

So now that that's finally all over with, we can turn our attention to football. We are only about a month away from the regular season. Which team is gonna come off a crazy offseason best? Show your pride guys!

Josh+Freeman+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+Carolina+RATUB7FCCR1l.jpg

I just want yall to know, Josh Freeman and the young Bucs squad is about ready to take the league by storm. With Blount running the ball and Freeman tossing it to Williams, Benn, and Winslow, the offense is set to be one of the best Tampa has ever put on the field. And with the defense line stocked with young talent, Tampa wont be sitting on their hands come January this season.

Not a big Bucs fan, but I am loving what they are doing in Tampa Bay. Freeman is big time, and if I were a Bucs fans, I'd be begging for a no. 1 receiver. REALLY like Williams, but he is better suited as a #2/touchdown machine.

I'd throw my first born to try and get Fitz in Tampa.

So now that that's finally all over with, we can turn our attention to football. We are only about a month away from the regular season. Which team is gonna come off a crazy offseason best? Show your pride guys!

I just want yall to know, Josh Freeman and the young Bucs squad is about ready to take the league by storm. With Blount running the ball and Freeman tossing it to Williams, Benn, and Winslow, the offense is set to be one of the best Tampa has ever put on the field. And with the defense line stocked with young talent, Tampa wont be sitting on their hands come January this season.

Finally we can get on with some football, the Fins need to make a couple of moves in FA but I am quietly confident about this season. Does someone want to setup the yahoo league? I am not going to commish it again after being accused of cheating (lol) but want to play and defend my crown!

If the Bucs sign Nnamdi Asomugha, I will probably jizz in my pants

And I'm hoping Blount has another big year so I can get his jersey!!

And don't get all giddy yet, TB still has holes to fill, ala re-sign Davin Joseph, deal with Ruud (I hope he walks), and, more importantly, spend some of that cash! I'm excited to see who they bring since by rule they have to spend money to reach the salary floor

If stubborness continues and (worst #1 pick) Alexia Smith keeps starting, we are in for (yet another) disappointing season.

If Harbaugh grows a pair and benches Smith for ANYONE (yes, anyone), we still have a normal, mediocre 7-9 team, which could be just enough to win the West. I don't see Seattle and AZ doing anything, the main concern is Bradford development in STL.

With Willis, V. Davis, Crabtree, J. Smith, we have some guys. But we need some real coaching, better D, and a more than 200 yds/game QB.

If stubborness continues and (worst #1 pick) Alexia Smith keeps starting, we are in for (yet another) disappointing season.

If Harbaugh grows a pair and benches Smith for ANYONE (yes, anyone), we still have a normal, mediocre 7-9 team, which could be just enough to win the West. I don't see Seattle and AZ doing anything, the main concern is Bradford development in STL.

With Willis, V. Davis, Crabtree, J. Smith, we have some guys. But we need some real coaching, better D, and a more than 200 yds/game QB.

Kevin Kolb...

Bucs were a cute story last year (even though nobody in Tampa cared), and Freeman is a legit franchise QB, but they're still third banana in the South. The need to get some wins over Atlanta and New Orleans (and I mean their first team) for that to change.

PREDICTIONS

NFC South: New Orleans

NFC North: Green Bay

NFC East: Dallas

NFC West: St. Louis

NFC Wildcard: Atlanta and Philadelphia/New York (will pick one before season starts)

AFC South: Indianapolis

AFC North: Baltimore

AFC East: New York

AFC West: San Diego

AFC Wildcard: New England and Houston (depending on if they get Awesome-O, if they don't then Pitt)

Super Bowl: Saints over Jets

ROY: Julio Jones

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

COY: John Harbaugh

With the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select...