Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NFL 2011 Season Thread

I agree on McCown and my Jaguars homerism is only part of my reasoning.

Yeah.......I now look like an idiot. Thanks Luke!

From Wikipedia, seriously:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_49ers

San Francisco 49ers

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

San Francisco 49ers

Current season

Established 1946

Play in Candlestick Park

in San Francisco, California

Headquarters: Marie P. DeBartolo Sports Center

in Santa Clara, California

San Francisco 49ers helmet

The San Francisco 49ers were a member of the NFL National Football League until 2003 when they decided to suck for nearly a decade.They lose most of their games at Candlestick Park in the San Francisco Bay area. Recently the 49ers QB Quarterback Alex Smith has figured out that it is not ruled a catch unless it is caught by someone with a 49er helmet. This revelation has helped the 49ers start 4-1.

Bengals just pulled off one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.

After Denver traded WR Lloyd for a 5th round pick, Cincy traded Palmer for a COUPLE OF 1ST! (2013 is conditional, could be a 2nd too)

So, the team has already a decent starting QB, and gets to extra high picks for washed out Palmer, who is better than anyone the Raiders have, but certainly not worth that much.

Oakland will be better now, although i am not sure such a gamble is worth for a team that is not SB material.

Bengals just pulled off one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory.

After Denver traded WR Lloyd for a 5th round pick, Cincy traded Palmer for a COUPLE OF 1ST! (2013 is conditional, could be a 2nd too)

So, the team has already a decent starting QB, and gets to extra high picks for washed out Palmer, who is better than anyone the Raiders have, but certainly not worth that much.

Oakland will be better now, although i am not sure such a gamble is worth for a team that is not SB material.

Palmer has secretly sucked for years. I can't believe the Bengals managed to get two high picks for his carcass.

Jim Harbaugh is such a great coach, he is making Alex Smith look like a decent QB out there.

Yesterday's overthrown pass to Crabs in the endzone was just another terrible throw by #11. Good thing we have the best LB tandem in NFL (Willis-Bowman), a solid front 7 (w/ Justin Smith leading the D-Line), great RB's (Gore, Hunter, Dixon) and TE's (V. Davis / Walker) to make up for him. Even the o-line and Kyle Williams (filling in nicely for Morgan) were improved yesterday.

Would be nice to see Braylon actually catching the football, and DB's not allowing so many big yardage passing plays. This could spell trouble against NO/GB/DAL/DET in the playoffs.

Team has to play for a first round Bye now. @Bal, @Sea and home Vs. Pit look like the 3 tough games remaining.

Meanwhile, the wheels have completely fallen off for the Bucs...

They did stay competitive against the Packers. LeGarrete Blount was a beast, his TD run was incredible, breaking one tackle after another. Williams, Winslow and Freeman were good for the offense.

I am still perplexed that your coach decided to punt losing by 9 with 6 min remaining. He got a lucky break when Rodgers was intercepted on the next play, and went on to score Winslow TD. But, seriously, how can you punt losing by 9 with that Defense? Tampa's D, that was so great back in the day, is now, by far, their weakest spot.

Definitely not a bad team. Also the youngest in the league, so it will be a matter of seeing if QB, RB, WR, TE continue making strides, and the D gets revamped.

They did stay competitive against the Packers. LeGarrete Blount was a beast, his TD run was incredible, breaking one tackle after another. Williams, Winslow and Freeman were good for the offense.

I am still perplexed that your coach decided to punt losing by 9 with 6 min remaining. He got a lucky break when Rodgers was intercepted on the next play, and went on to score Winslow TD. But, seriously, how can you punt losing by 9 with that Defense? Tampa's D, that was so great back in the day, is now, by far, their weakest spot.

Definitely not a bad team. Also the youngest in the league, so it will be a matter of seeing if QB, RB, WR, TE continue making strides, and the D gets revamped.

Youth, Injuries and an absolutely brutal schedule has done the Bucs in this year. Last year the Bucs got by on talent and health alone against a very weak schedule. This year, the only real bad team the Bucs have played has been the Colts. Outside of that, every game has been a match against either playoff teams from last year (packers, bears), tough divisional opponents (saints, falcons), or teams that got really good from last year (49ers, Lions).

Youth, Injuries and an absolutely brutal schedule has done the Bucs in this year. Last year the Bucs got by on talent and health alone against a very weak schedule. This year, the only real bad team the Bucs have played has been the Colts. Outside of that, every game has been a match against either playoff teams from last year (packers, bears), tough divisional opponents (saints, falcons), or teams that got really good from last year (49ers, Lions).

Exactly. Although I feel like some of the struggles have to fall on the playcalling, and more specifically, the playcalling of Greg Olson. The offense is really predictable. And if I see another dump off pass on 3rd and long that goes for like 3 yards, I don't even know what I'll do.

And we stayed competitive with the Packers, yes, but the Packers' defense isn't that good.

The schedule is brutal, but it's also showed me just how young this team is and how much they have to go. I really want to see the linebacker and corner positions addressed in the off-season though. Those are our biggest holes by far.

Alex Smith regressing to his old self, our pathetic OLine and WRs that cannot catch a football are putting the possibility of a bye week and #2 seed at risk

Our D is Dominant (save for a few big passing plays), our Special Teams are Elite, Gore and the TE's are doing their thing.

Harbaugh, who has 80% to do with this team's turnaround, is also messing it up too, calling 2 unnecessary timeouts with Arizona ready to punt and 5 min to go, and going for the pass in several 3rd down opportunities inside their 10 yard line.