Sign in to follow this  
three3d

Whats they best Magic game you have been to, and why ?

December 30th 2002 Orlando Magic -Vs- Washington Wizards. My last and only chance to ever see in person they greatest basketball player to walk the earth, Michael Jordan ! At that time I was in the Army and had been living in over seas for a long time without coming home, so just coming back to Florida was a treat for me. But that treat got even sweeter for me when I learned that I was going to finally live out one of my dreams, seeing Michael Jordan play a game live. In 1992 "Original Dream Team" sparked my interest in basketball, but it was Michael Jordan his style,, his dominance his swagger that hooked me for life. Living outside Orlando I got to go to a few games a year but when MJ was with the bulls it was damn near impossbale to get a ticket. Bulls or Wizards I could care less, I was going to see him finally who cared about the color of jersey it was all about the name on the back JORDAN. Game day; sell out crowd looking around I see Jordan fans every where you look but I didnt care. Had it been any other player I would have been pissed to see that in or house. Game time; Now I have been to my fare share of Magic games and there have been some good teams I have seen play but never had a watched a game like I watched that game. I dont know about you but I tend to follow the basketball when I watch, but no not this game. The ENTIRE game I found myself watching MJ, following his every step with or without the basketball in his hands it was just somthing special. Watching Jordan and McGrady go at it for the game was a treat (back when we liked T-Mac). At the end of it all we won, Jordan played 39 minuets that night and droped 21 points grabed 8 boards and dished out 9 assist oh and had 3 steals. What a night I finally payed my respects to the greatest to ever do it.. But that's not it..Big game , Big people come out. After the game I was walking back to my car and walked around the side of the Arena where the ticket box was. A white limo had just pulled up and 4 guys jump out and headed towards the trash can. What no Way !! Ronde Barber, John Lynch, and Brad Johnson ! And wouldn't you know it I had on my brand new white Buc's hat and I had a sharpie. Really nice guys they sighned and talked for a minuet, Ronde was TRASHED lol. Oh and thats the season that the Bucs won it all. What a great night, and they BEST MAGIC GAME I have been to.

• Upvote 2

A.I droping 60. That would have been a good game. NEver been to a game where sombody catches fire like that.

Who's AI? Andre Iguodala?

:D

And I haven't been to a game.. so far. Last year I visited Orlando for some hours, though. It was cool

Who's AI? Andre Iguodala?

:D

And I haven't been to a game.. so far. Last year I visited Orlando for some hours, though. It was cool

No lol.. Alan Iverson man

Game 5 2010 ECF vs. Boston.

The crowd was crazy and the game was back and forth for the majority. Several plays almost blew the roof off that place: JJ's shotclock-beating crossover into pull-up 3 in the 2nd quarter, Bass's alley-oop to Howard (this really happened), Jameer's shotclock-beating 30-footer in Rondo's eye, and Jameer's alley-oop to Dwight on Big Baby's head just to name a few. Throw in the fact that it was an elimination game and potentially (it was) the last game in Amway Arena and you had a very significant game.

In hindsight though, the real reason I loved that game was because it gave a sliver of hope and made the thought "Holy hell, this series might not be over" much more legitimate.

And then Game 6 happened. :svgsad:

Game 5 2010 ECF vs. Boston.

The crowd was crazy and the game was back and forth for the majority. Several plays almost blew the roof off that place: JJ's shotclock-beating crossover into pull-up 3 in the 2nd quarter, Bass's alley-oop to Howard (this really happened), Jameer's shotclock-beating 30-footer in Rondo's eye, and Jameer's alley-oop to Dwight on Big Baby's head just to name a few. Throw in the fact that it was an elimination game and potentially (it was) the last game in Amway Arena and you had a very significant game.

In hindsight though, the real reason I loved that game was because it gave a sliver of hope and made the thought "Holy hell, this series might not be over" much more legitimate.

And then Game 6 happened. :svgsad:

The hated Celtics man. I went to game 3 I think last year. Wow I really hate Boston fans. Cant count the number of fights there almost was.

Game 6 against Boston in the 2009 NBA Playoffs. Round two.

Nothing can top that in terms of intensity. The Arena was roaring when Hedo hit that straight away three to basically clinch the game seven that we went on to win in Boston.

Since I had the pleasure of actually owning season tix this year my fave games are going to be pretty bias. I would have to say Magic v Heat nov 24/ magic v nuggets mar 18 with Jameer's crazy game winner. Now I have gone to playoff games in prior years and I have NEVER heard the crowd as into it until we played the Heat, last time it was that loud we were playing the Cavs in the ECF. There was just so much energy and HATE for Miami it was so amazing, and to top it off you could see the players kind of buying into it as well. I remember Jameer getting Tech'd for talking trash to the Miami bench after just demolishing them in the 4th quarter. I had never seen that kind of Pit-fight attitude in family-friendly amway center/arena EVER, it was just an amazing sight.

Denver game comes pretty close cuz everyone kind of forgot just how GOOD Denver was playing the second half of the season and I think they were on like a 7game win streak when they came to our house. It was such a frustrating game to watch @ first cuz Denver just had an answer for EVERYTHING we did, we would make a run but then they would counter punch and come right back into it. Denver had all types of big men to throw @ us and we def got exposed for our lack of size that game, Nene was just killing us. That final possesion had me out of my chair from beginning to end and I just KNEW 'Meer was going to take the shot, it looked good right when it left his hands. My fav part abt it was that night I looked all over the internet for a good wide picture of the shot to see if I was in it. My seat was just diagonal of the basket, great view of the game but didnt get on camera very much. It took all night to find the a picture with me in it, but when i found it, it made that moment a million times more special cuz it captured that fraction of a moment of uncertainty that everyone had in the arena.

The game that I enjoyed the most was against the Hornets Christmas 2008. It was my first basketball game I ever watched. I enjoyed it so much and I have watched every Magic game since.

• Upvote 1

That's tough. I can narrow it down to one of the games that Brooks Thompson played but there are so many great ones that it's hard for me to pick a specific one.