Sign in to follow this  
BMP

NBA 2k12

Hearing that the 94-95 Magic are available is REALLY tempting me to get this game. But I just can't drop 60 bucks on an NBA game for a season that may not happen. If the lockout ends, I'll probably look into it.

you actually can use legends online, just not head-to-head

and My Player this year will be so much better, oh *****

they covered a lot, so i'll just post the ones I found most interesting (that i haven't posted already)

nce you continue past the Mock Draft, the NBA Draft will finally commence. Herein lies the first surprise that I’ve been dying to tell everyone about for a long time. Through our great partnership with the NBA, I’m extremely proud to announce that were able to get Mr. David Stern into the studio to record all necessary audio required to have him announce the entire 1st round of the draft (Association Spoiler: Our great partnership also allowed us to secure Deputy Commissioner of the NBA, Adam Silver. When the 2nd Round of the draft rolls around, Mr. Silver will walk onto the stage and call out the remainder of the draft. Now seriously, how many other sports games out there would go to this level of detail to bring you what you truly want? Answer: None).

Contract Negotiations + Spending

In NBA 2K12’s My Player, you’ll be negotiating for every last penny when it comes time to sign a contract. Now, it’s important to note that rookie contracts in the NBA are more or less slotted, so you won’t be doing any real negotiating immediately after getting drafted. Once your rookie contract is up, you’ll be on your own to negotiate the best deal possible. When this time comes, a number of teams interested in your talents will approach you with an opening offer. From there, you can choose to do a number of things including accepting the offer, negotiating a better deal, or simply ignoring the offer altogether. One important note on negotiating is that you have to know your limits. If you press your luck at the negotiating table, teams will start to become frustrated, and will eventually walk away if you push too hard. It’s a game of give and take. Like any negotiation, you’re going to have to make concessions on something they want in order to get something you want.

Every 14 days during the season, your team is going to drop that next paycheck on you. Using the new ‘My Purchases’ menu, you’ll be able to spend your hard earned money on a number of things including: Purchasing skill points, increasing your attribute caps, purchasing signature animations (Kobe’s jumper, Jordan’s dunk package, etc.), hosting Youth Basketball Clinics (that raise your Local Fan Support), and much more. These items can give you a distinct advantage in your career, so you’ll definitely want to squeeze every dollar from a team when contract time rolls around.

Based on your position and play style, we give you 15 goals at the outset of your career. In order to make the Hall of Fame, you will need to accomplish 10 of those goals before you retire. The goals range from ‘Win the MVP award’ to ‘Score 20,000 career points’ to ‘Get 50 A+ teammate grades’ (this one is much harder this year!). Throughout your career, you’re constantly going to be striving for that next goal that gets you one step closer to your induction ceremony.

That’s right, making the Hall of Fame in 2K12 isn’t a simple pat on the back with a ‘Congratulations’ dialog. When you make the Hall of Fame, you’ll be constructing your very own hall of fame speech.

Play Next Key Game

At this point, you’re probably telling yourself, ‘I don’t have the time to play through an entire career and make the Hall of Fame.’ I hear you, loud and clear. New to NBA 2K12’s My Player is the ability to play only the ‘Key Games’ in your schedule. We’ve taken the liberty of highlighting the most important games during the season (these may be Rival games, or Key Player matchups, or games that have playoff implications). With this option, you’ll be able to play through an entire season in a fraction of the time it took you to play through a season in previous years. Don’t worry though, your simulated stats for the games you choose to not play will still count towards your Hall of Fame goals!

For those of you who want to control every single step of your career, we still offer you the ability to play every game on the schedule. You can even do a little of both. As always with this mode, the choice is yours.

Continuing with the dribbling example above, in previous years, your player did not have a proficiency level with each individual skill. As he crossed certain rating thresholds, he would simply gain access to new animations and ultimately, his success rates for the moves would increase as well. With 2K12, you will need to upgrade the skills individually for your player. It’s entirely possible for your player to have an incredible Crossover skill only to have a poor Spin move or Stepback. To play the way you want, you are going to need to upgrade specific skills and develop go-to moves. No longer will you be able to be a master of every move unless you invest the skill points required to develop these. And trust me, that won’t be easy. These cost a LOT of skill points to upgrade!

Dynamic Goals

New to My Player 2K12 is the concept of Dynamic Goals. These are in-game objectives that contextually trigger, with respect to what is currently happening in the game. For example, if the man you are guarding runs down the court and drains two buckets in your face, you might get a Dynamic Goal telling you to shut down said player the next time down the court on defense.

Run Plays

I trust at this point that you’ve all read Rob’s great insight on playcalling and the playcall system. If you haven’t, I recommend you give that a read. I’m pleased to say that you’ll be able to take advantage of these advancements in My Player mode this year. Users who are interested in running plays / having plays ran will be able turn this option ON at any time in-game or in the menus. For those users who enjoy freelancing in the game and don’t want to follow set plays, you can simply keep this option turned OFF and play however you want. I highly recommend everyone give Run Plays a shot this year. I think you’ll find the gameplay team here has put together something pretty special in My Player mode.

there's a LOT there and it's all pretty awesome. I also like it that they made it harder but also more interactive, and ESPECIALLY like the fact that you can finally skip games.

The demo is out for anyone interested. I tried it, but wasn't impressed enough to still want to drop 60 bucks on it. My Player and having the 95 Magic is tempting, but gameplay overall didn't seem to be worth it to me right now. Maybe if I have some leftover money after buying Batman Arkham City.

I don't feel like reading any of this thread, but anyone who wants to take me on, on 2K12, on XBOX LIVE, bring it.

My Gamertag: Eye Conqueror

BRING

IT

The demo is out for anyone interested. I tried it, but wasn't impressed enough to still want to drop 60 bucks on it. My Player and having the 95 Magic is tempting, but gameplay overall didn't seem to be worth it to me right now. Maybe if I have some leftover money after buying Batman Arkham City.

2K's demos have never impressed me but I always love the game. But that has more to do with 2K's horrible demo design then anything. Not being able to pick which team of the 2 you want to play as is retarded (especially when it is one that isn't exactly fun to play with like Dallas), only being able to play one quarter so you cant get an overall feel for the game, then combined with them continuing to force people to play from that god awful broadcast camera angle that only about 10% of the community uses (this being by far the one that hurts gameplay the worst), makes the demo really just to me unplayable.

Just bought the game. You will all be as pleased as I am now when you see that JJ Redick looks like JJ Redick and Ryan Anderson looks like Ryan Anderson.

They really added a lot to this game. Jumpshots now have 2 parts to them, form and base, which opens up thousands of variations of jumpshots. New accessories, player realism is improved, etc.

Can anybody that has the game let me know if they opened 2kshare back up yet? I got the game, then traded it for modern warfare 3 once I found out that 2kshare wasn't functioning and I can only assume it was because of the lockout.

Can anybody that has the game let me know if they opened 2kshare back up yet? I got the game, then traded it for modern warfare 3 once I found out that 2kshare wasn't functioning and I can only assume it was because of the lockout.

I didn't buy the game and got BF3 instead, as I had planned. But with the NBA back, I'm getting really pumped to play with our fresh roster and VC's new team.

I'm also looking forward to the MyPlayer thingy

And I agree with the bold