Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Rasslin' Thread

Summerslam was lame and last night's Raw was terrible. Back to the "maybe later" pile you go, WWE

Yep both awful. On top of that Smackdown now has Mark Henry V Orton for the title, those two in the ring together would make my eyes bleed so I shall be giving wrestling a miss for a while me thinks.

Henry deserves a run with the world strap if only for a month or so. Dude has been with the company FOREVER. And his monster heel run is atleast entertaining. Not the greatest in ring performer, but he's been put with guys that could carry him. As long as they play up to his strengths with Orton, it could work.

SS was great. You guys are comparing it to MiTB. The opening six man tag did it's job. Bryan and Barrett was top notch (seriously, give both of those guys 25 minutes).

Orton/Christian was fantastic. Henry vs Sheamus served its purpose. The divas match was even entertaining with the 4 hottest divas in the company.

Cena/Punk was a 4 star match, and I loved the Nash run in. Confusing as hell but left me wanting to find out what's next. RAW followed that up by making me want to watch next week.

No. The lack of respect for Christian is insane.

Right, but if Christian won, where does the storyline go from there? Orton just moves on? It makes the super face look weak. And this is coming from a Christian fan.

That's the problem with Smackdown. TONS and TONS of mid card talent. No main eventers, especially faces. Hence why they are turning Sheamus now.

Henry deserves a run with the world strap if only for a month or so. Dude has been with the company FOREVER. And his monster heel run is atleast entertaining. Not the greatest in ring performer, but he's been put with guys that could carry him. As long as they play up to his strengths with Orton, it could work.

lame

SS was great. You guys are comparing it to MiTB. The opening six man tag did it's job. Bryan and Barrett was top notch (seriously, give both of those guys 25 minutes).

Orton/Christian was fantastic. Henry vs Sheamus served its purpose.

I like Bryan, Barrett's a fish. Never really liked 6 man tag matches (except when it's 3-4 teams of 2 and not 2 teams of 3)

And as Trey mentioned, Christian is not that behind Orton, and it's ridiculous how they're turning Orton into another Super Cena (in the ring). Christian hasn't beat him "fairly" ONCE. Orton can't be beaten!!! He's a monster!!! What the hell? He could've lost and they could've continued their feud. Back then some of the best heels in WWE DID win matches fairly too. . .

The divas match was even entertaining with the 4 hottest divas in the company.

wow..............

Cena/Punk was a 4 star match, and I loved the Nash run in. Confusing as hell but left me wanting to find out what's next. RAW followed that up by making me want to watch next week.

Match was okay, but I HATE how once again Cena couldn't just lose. MiTB they had to have that interference. . . SS he "technically" wasn't supposed to lose. Why couldn't he just have lost? It's not like he was going against The Miz or some ****. Then, ADR gets the title? To follow up with a terrible Raw?

RAW wasn't that bad. I like the Kofi/Bourne team. The tag division is supposed to get a HUGE upgrade with the Kings, Young Bucks, and maybe even Beer Money getting signed. Trips wants it totally revamped. I think we saw the beginning of that Monday.

The MiTB match HAD to have interference to further the storyline. I get it.

Who are the top divas in your eyes then? Rosa Mendes? If anything, I forgot Layla.

I agree to a certain extent with the Christian thing. And I totally think they ARE making Orton Cena 2.0 on Smackdown. But Christian plays the heel role so well, so the cheating/cheap wins went hand in hand with it. They have also been fueding for so long, they don't want to burn fans out on just those two alone, so it had to end. I just hope Christians gets another run with the belt eventually. Or hell, send him to RAW to fued with Punk. He and Punk are two of the best on the mic right now.

Barrett is awesome, and can take an ass kicking like a champ, which is why Taker wanted to work with him. Bryan was stiff as **** at Summerslam and Wade worked with him brilliantly.

I'm not saying I WANT Henry as champ, just saying he's paid his dues, so it makes sense. And his monster heel run hasn't been that bad since the guys he's working with are pros.

The Bella Twins and Layla > goddamn Shrek Phoenix and Eve, and I think the Bella Twins have meh faces. Best bodies, though. Hell, that skinny useless blonde chick (forgot her name) looks better than Beth

Henry has stunk up every main event he's been in and evey push he's had. Don't even get me started on the farce that was Henry v Undertaker at wrestlemania a few years back! his mic skills are awful, he's even worse in the ring and he does the exact same thing at the minute, hopefully he'll disappear once super Orton destroys him. The only thing he'll be remembered for is for Mae Young giving birth to a friggin hand.

As for Orton, he could have easily lost and gone on to feud with Henry, Rhodes or Barrett, it only had to be for a month or so. That way you could have had Christian actually look credible against the next challenger. Instead the guy looks like a joke and has absolutely no momentum or anything to work with now. The treatment that guy receives is an absolute farce. He still gets massive face pops as seen at Summerslam and the heel turn has been nothing short of a waste of time, he essentially played the face against Orton as he was being legit screwed over by Teddy Long and referees, thats not how you book a heel. It should have been Christian getting cheap wins not Orton, I mean Christian was supposedly the one being booked as a cowardly heel how does that make any sense? Instead, we get Orton who does nothing but cause huge rating drops and go over everyone on the roster, hell I dont even think he's been pinned clean in a 1 on 1 match since Swagger beat him when he was champion. There's a lack of main eventers and almost no mid carders who are over because they will not keep Cena or Orton away from the belts. They can still be kept relevant away from the titles. It just seems the writers are incapable of writing more than one storyline on each show.

Agree about Barrett, once his in ring story telling improves he'll have it all. Definitely a future champion if he can get himself over again after Cena destroyed any momentum he had last year. Good size, great on the mic and an excellent seller.

Hell, I would've been fine with Henry just coming down the ramp during their match, Orton getting sidetracked, and Christian beating him. Then having Henry interrupt in the rematch and have Orton lose that, making Super Orton Super Angry and having him be Mr. Super Angry climbing back up beating everyone. . . that would've been better than screwing Christian again.