Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Rasslin' Thread

John Cena's going to win the title back, then ADR will win it from Cena

book it

Setting it up for Summerslam?

Predictably lame. I think Del Rio cashes in tonight, but Cena won't win it. He'll get it at Summerslam, since that's what they've wanted for months now.

They brought Punk back waaaaay too soon but I don't care! Give me more Ryder and Raw will have a stew gon.

They need PPV buys. You keep Punk off TV too long and people see what I could only assume would be Cena/Miz? or Cena/Del Rio at SS and fans are not going to buy. Bringing Punk back with enough time to build up the feud even more is smart.

I do agree somewhat though, as awesome as last night was, after I came down from the high I felt it was rushed. I sort of wanted him to go to more indys and whatnot. But with SS right around the corner ya know...

I LOVE that they are using his indy theme (well, one of them, he used Ole! alot too). I think WWE already owned the rights to it so good deal. Great song too.

Bourne needs a friggin gimmick, manager, or something. He and Ziggler will work talent wise, but damned if it won't be bogged down due to both of them not having much charisma. Ziggler HAS charisma, but doesn't nearly use it enough. Vicki is looking good.

Divas battle royal? Well, RAW is can't miss now!

The Miz needs to head on over to Smackdown. I don't want him in the title picture. Give me Punk/Cena and then Del Rio or something but too many guys will make that storyline cluttered.

Send Kofi back to Smackdown while you're at it. They need some faces in the worst way, as half their roster are heels, and Orton/Christian are basically tweeners.

And finally, GET A NEW F'N BELT. I hope the reason they kept the spinner/nonspinner belt in play is because Punk has the title too, and they wanted the duplicate thing going. Unify them at SS, and bring back the winged eagle belt damnit.

Now that JR is back Cole needs to become a manager for somebody, Swagger would be good. Guy is good in the ring but is probably the worst in the company on the mic.

I personally like the belt right after the Winged Eagle belt. I like the WE's design, but I always felt it was too small. I was going to say bring back the WE and just make the buckle bigger, but that's basically what the Attitude Era belt was.

belts_classic_wwe_world.jpg

Regardless, that spinner belt has got to go.

I can get behind that action.

So..

Predicted SS card:

Morrison vs R-Truth to open the show in a 10 minute match. End this feud quickly, Truth is better than this.

Get a Divas match out of the way, hopefully Kelly Kelly vs Eve Torres (heel) or Kelly vs Beth Phoenix/Natalya.

Cody Rhodes vs Zeke for the IC strap with Cody winning.

Christian vs Orton in some sort of gimmick match

Ryder or Bourne vs Ziggy for the US strap

Cena vs Punk in an Iron man for the main event

This leaves off a ton of talent though. Kofi, Del Rio, Rey, Miz, Riley, Sheamus, Barrett, Swagger, Bryan, etc. have nothing to do. Maybe throw Kofi/Rey vs Del Rio/Miz on there.

It's SummerSlam, the Divas will do a five minute bikini contest and then get the hell out of the way.

Why not Sheamus vs Jackson? Would be a nice heavyweight slugfest, plus Cody beating Jackson (unless he blatantly cheats) would be so bad.

US Title - Ryder vs Ziggler

And then maybe have Miz, Kofi, Rey, and ADR have a four way (lulz four way) for the #1 Contender.

Not only is the spinner belt not gone, now there's friggin two. This just turned into my worst nightmare, get rid of the damn thing already!

How good was Punk coming out to his old ROH music, never thought he would come out to that in the WWE. I just hope they get him to resign, his current contract runs out at the start of September and it would be a shame to ruin all this work in getting him over by having to end it at Summerslam. He's gone from heel to tweener finally and looks like he's getting to be himself instead of being tied down to the straight edge better than you gimmick. Good times.

EDIT:

Just want to add instead of double posting, Jareth the card you put out looks pretty spot on. You just need to add Sheamus v Barrett. They've just started fueding and over the last few weeks Sheamus has been receiving some loud face pops from the crowd. Ithink that will definitely be a match at Summerslam possibly resulting in a face turn for the Irishman (Smackdown is in desperate need of a number 2 face, right now there's just Orton.)

It's SummerSlam, the Divas will do a five minute bikini contest and then get the hell out of the way.

Why not Sheamus vs Jackson? Would be a nice heavyweight slugfest, plus Cody beating Jackson (unless he blatantly cheats) would be so bad.

US Title - Ryder vs Ziggler

And then maybe have Miz, Kofi, Rey, and ADR have a four way (lulz four way) for the #1 Contender.

The 4 way wouldn't make sense though. Hell, Del Rio is still supposed to be the #1 contender AND he has the MiTB. You know Kofi won't win, Rey is turrible, and Miz would be the only legitimate winner outside of Del Rio.

Cody is awesome and deserves an IC title run. He and Dibiase or Bryan could have a nice feud for the strap. Zeke is going through the motions. Maybe do Zeke vs Henry? Sheamus and Barrett already have something going to try and establish Sheamus as a face.

Ryder vs Ziggler would be awesome, but I doubt they do it.