Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Rasslin' Thread

Man I miss vintage Vince. I thought we might be getting him back for this angle (still might for all we know). But when Vince is on, he is ON.

Don't think Triple H could replicate that role, considering he's got so much history wrestling and is still too young.

Yeh, his theme needs changing.The Story of the Year one is too much of a face theme, the fans still cheer when the music first hits, not what you need when you're the top heel of Smackdown.

I think HHH will do fine, you only need to look at his 1999/ 2000 work with Stephanie and the corporation to see that he can do Vince esque screw jobs. He just needs to somehow turn heel again. Lets face it, Super Cena doesn't need additional help from the big boss.

Yeh, his theme needs changing.The Story of the Year one is too much of a face theme, the fans still cheer when the music first hits, not what you need when you're the top heel of Smackdown.

I think HHH will do fine, you only need to look at his 1999/ 2000 work with Stephanie and the corporation to see that he can do Vince esque screw jobs. He just needs to somehow turn heel again. Lets face it, Super Cena doesn't need additional help from the big boss.

Oh I agree, my point about it not working is that he can still FIGHT. Vince, despite being a monster psychically...

remember these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTitkrUugKg

Was still just a guy. He wasn't a wrestler. That's why Austin could just stun him and be done with it. I just think you can't do those same things with Triple H. Unless he is fully committed to putting guys over and doesn't plan to be a champion or full time wrestler again (I hope).

Well Vince has been working closely with HHH the last two years behind the scenes. He's officially head of talent recruitment now. So he's the one who brings in new wrestlers and pushes the younger talent. I would assume the current storyline is part of the transition of HHH taking over from Vince in real life as well as kayfabe (though that is undoubtedly many years away.) He's also constantly talking up Sheamus and Barrett as the future of the WWE, because of that I believe he's now happy putting over talent and will stay in a non wrestling capacity and slowly transition from a popular face wrestler to a heelish owner over the coming months (kayfabe obviously) While this is going on he'll keep learning the ropes with Vince as the eventual successor.

And yes I remember Vince looking like a machine lol, was always funny when he would come down buffed up and slap his two stooges' Patterson and Briscoe around, it did freak me out seeing him look like that though. No way it was natural.

Well Vince has been working closely with HHH the last two years behind the scenes. He's officially head of talent recruitment now. So he's the one who brings in new wrestlers and pushes the younger talent. I would assume the current storyline is part of the transition of HHH taking over from Vince in real life as well as kayfabe (though that is undoubtedly many years away.) He's also constantly talking up Sheamus and Barrett as the future of the WWE, because of that I believe he's now happy putting over talent and will stay in a non wrestling capacity and slowly transition from a popular face wrestler to a heelish owner over the coming months (kayfabe obviously) While this is going on he'll keep learning the ropes with Vince as the eventual successor.

And yes I remember Vince looking like a machine lol, was always funny when he would come down buffed up and slap his two stooges' Patterson and Briscoe around, it did freak me out seeing him look like that though. No way it was natural.

And one of his first acquisitions is not at risk of not returning and becoming known as a botchamania favorite. Plus, during his feud with Sheamus he never put him over really. On the big stages he still came out on top. I'll hope for the best though.

Shane was great at what he did. Taking sick bumps. That's it.

And one of his first acquisitions is not at risk of not returning and becoming known as a botchamania favorite. Plus, during his feud with Sheamus he never put him over really. On the big stages he still came out on top. I'll hope for the best though.

Shane was great at what he did. Taking sick bumps. That's it.

He's actually 0 for 2 for signing people at the minute! He signed Kharma, who then found out she was pregnant and Sin Cara who has had a positive drugs test for anabolic steroids, not a great start!

Man I miss vintage Vince. I thought we might be getting him back for this angle (still might for all we know). But when Vince is on, he is ON.

Which Vince are you talking about?

Good lord, Raw had a chance to on an epic run but now it's just a pile of crap. *****ing Rey is champ, seriously? Half the crowd can beat him in a fight, and the crowd is all children.