Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Rasslin' Thread

It's not real

Now that we got that out of the way, any fans of the product can comment in here. I've been a fan probably since the age of 5, and took a break from it for a few years right around the time Cena/Orton became the top guys in the E. TNA still bores me though it's improved here and there, but trying to relive the WCW BAD storyline days is not the way to go. I love ROH, but having to watch it on my comp sucks.

Anywho, what better time to start this thread up then after John *****ing Cena putting on a 5 star match with the great CM Punk. Having watched Punk come from the indies, and actually handing Samoa Joe a chair to hit him over the head with at an RoH show, I knew the guy had the talent to reach this level. What he did in the past few weeks has taken me back to the attitude era days. Vince has a potential goldmine if he rolls with this thing the right way.

The entire PPV was great. Seeing American Dragon win the Smackdown MiTB match was a great shocker. It's almost as if the entire PPV was booked for the IWC. Diva's match was short and sweet with great eye candy, Henry squashed Show and those two put on a better match then they should have, both MiTB matches were top notch, Christian tops Orton and then Orton reverts back to being a Psycho, and Punk wins it in grand fashion. Having Johnny Ace getting leveled was the icing on the cake.

They can keep this a PG product so long as they have matches like the epic from last night, and good, edgy storylines.

Shows you how good Punk is that Cena and all five of his moves were able to put on such a good match.

Cena showed me some stuff last night though. That one reversal from the GTS was great. I give him credit for being able show us something new and have a classic back & forth with Punk.

Remember, being Super Cena came about, it was basic thuganomics Cena who actually could put on a decent match. I blame creative for limiting him and turn him into a modern day Hogan.

RAW is must watch tonight.

I don't watch it as much as I did some years ago, but still enjoy it.

I watched Smackdown live when they came to Portugal

My all-time favourite match was Shelton Benjamin vs Shawn Michaels (the one with that crazy SCM)

My favourite tag-teams are probably Kane-Big Show (so good they had to do it again), Triple H-HBK as DX & The Hardy Boyz

My favourite wrestlers are CM Punk, Kane, HBK, Jeff & Matt Hardy, Edge, Evan Bourne, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles & some others that I forgot

The retired guys I like are Austin, The Rock, Lesnar & Bret Hart

My all-time favourite is probably Eddie Guerrero

It's not real

Not that I'm a huge wrestling fan these days (though I did enjoy it when I was little), but I've never understood the people who cite this as a reason they don't like wrestling. Do they not like other TV shows and movies for the same reason?

"Hey, did you see that awesome new movie?"

"Yeah, but you know those guys aren't really shooting each other, right? I mean, it's all just pretend. It's so fake. I can't watch that stuff."

Why does that exchange never happen?

Not that I'm a huge wrestling fan these days (though I did enjoy it when I was little), but I've never understood the people who cite this as a reason they don't like wrestling. Do they not like other TV shows and movies for the same reason?

"Yeah, but you know those guys aren't really shooting each other, right? I mean, it's all just pretend. It's so fake. I can't watch that stuff."

I agree 100%. Not only that, but if the common fan knew what it felt like to take a bump in a pro ring (I have), they would know even a simple body slam hurts like hell. Sure, the outcomes and storylines are all pre determined, but that is the best part. If you want to watch a guy legitimately get his ass kicked in a quick fight, go watch UFC. That's fine.

I appreciate the storytelling, showmanship, and theatrics that pro wrestling has always given us. They are just as athletic (especially indy guys) as any other sport out there.

But to each his own. It will always have that stigma around it.

• Upvote 1

Raw was pretty uneventful.

I dig Trips coming back, and it's left a ton open leading up to Summerslam. I'm just scared of Super Cena coming back now and feuding with Del Rio, which I really don't care to see.

Punk will be back. I'm hoping to either feud with Triple H or to claim whoever wins the WWE title isn't the real champion since he never lost the belt. Sort of what Razor and HBK did back in the 90s.

Vinny Mac crying and Triple H calling him pop gave me douche chills though. But the logic was right. Punk not appearing was smart. And tons of actual wrestling for once. It's a shame the crowd in Green Bay was lifeless.

Sawyer was still on that island to me, damnit!

Being active in real wrestling one comes to dislike Pro-Wrestling because some kids actuallty think that if they join wrestling they could be hit by a chair. I know that sounds ridiclious yet it is true.

Being active in real wrestling one comes to dislike Pro-Wrestling because some kids actuallty think that if they join wrestling they could be hit by a chair. I know that sounds ridiclious yet it is true.

Real wrestlers do have an outlet now that they didn't really have 10 years ago though. A lot of successful wrestlers transition very well to MMA.