Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

One realizes how unimportant "fandom" is when it is gone.

The Bucs killed my fandom this season with the television blackouts. It used to be that the three and a half hours on Sunday were sacred, but then to no choice of my own, I was unable to watch. I had a lot of fun doing other things with the wife and when there were non-blacked out games, they all of a sudden went from the top of my priority to list towards the bottom.

I've done well ignoring the lockout. And that isn't good for the league. With the NFL steamrolling in the picture now, fans will forget the NBA even exists (I mean we won't, but we're all nuts). But casual fans? Pfft. They won't even notice.

Which is why I said, missed games = the NBA not recovering for quite some time.

any meetings scheduled? whats the latest. any news on the recovery of jj and q-rich? i've been on vacation and haven't been watching.

At least the NFL is back. I love Magic basketball...but I don't think there is any question that the NFL is the better product.

• Upvote 1

One realizes how unimportant "fandom" is when it is gone.

The Bucs killed my fandom this season with the television blackouts. It used to be that the three and a half hours on Sunday were sacred, but then to no choice of my own, I was unable to watch. I had a lot of fun doing other things with the wife and when there were non-blacked out games, they all of a sudden went from the top of my priority to list towards the bottom.

The Bucs will be exciting this season. Great young core.

At least the NFL is back. I love Magic basketball...but I don't think there is any question that the NFL is the better product.

This - I love the NBA game more than football, but the organization is better in the NFL. Just so much about the NBA feels preordained: it's the same few teams handing the trophy back and forth through the years with very few exceptions. That's not a real balanced league.

In the NFL, it could literally be anyone.

Sure there is. I'll take any of the other Big 4 sports, and soccer too, over the NFL.

I'm a big fan of soccer too, I used to play. Easily my favorite sport to play.

I just think the NFL is more competitive (competitive may not be the best choice of word, I just can't remember the word I am thinking of right now)...each team, it seems, is on equal footing. The NFL has done an excellent job of instituting policies that allow each franchise to be equally competitive.

Everyone should just stay home when the NBA season begins and don't go to the games to show them they can not play with us this way. We want our basketball and we won't give you money whenever you *****ing want after you leave us without our product!!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M MADDDDDDDDD

This - I love the NBA game more than football, but the organization is better in the NFL. Just so much about the NBA feels preordained: it's the same few teams handing the trophy back and forth through the years with very few exceptions. That's not a real balanced league.

In the NFL, it could literally be anyone.

That's because they don't have 7 game series.