Sign in to follow this  
Optimist Prime

War on Orlando

What would Jesus do?

I went there.

You probably aren't asking this question seriously, but:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

Matt. 5:38-42

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

- Matt. 6:2-4

• Upvote 1

The constant begging. I realize I sound like an ******* for saying it, but I'm saying outloud what everyone else feels, so is it that bad?

:rolleyes:

Not every homeless person is the same. Having gone to downtown quite a few times, especially around The Social/Backbooth, I've encountered several, all different, different to the point that generalizing them into one annoying entity would be a silly thing to do.

• Upvote 2