Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

Someone said that getting 0.6$ value would be best, do like Denver did... Forgot to mention that Denver shipped Chauncey Billups with Melo to increase the value. The Magic could ship Turkoglu, Duhon and Howard to "increase" the value if it's possible. Next year's draft is supposed to be stronger than this one, at least it isn't as loaded with international prospects at the top(buyout + high risk reward talent). I'm behind this team whatever they do, if they trade Howard it will be because they had no other choice.

The Thunder deal sounds the most intriguing to me. But I have a worry that Westbrook would just turn into another Steve Francis. I would ask for Harden too.

There is no way the Heat would trade LeBron for Dwight, but if they did and Dwight asked out you would be silly not to do it. You get the league's most talented player and he's under contract long term. Yeah he is an ******* but he single handily keeps you in contention and you still have a shot at winning a title without rebuilding. My only issue would be LeBron would probably not be very happy being traded here.

I still don't believe Dwight will be traded though. The only interesting team with cap space to get him are the Nets. It isn't like teams have been preparing for years for Dwight's FA like they did with LeBron and the 2010 FA class.

Someone said that getting 0.6$ value would be best, do like Denver did... Forgot to mention that Denver shipped Chauncey Billups with Melo to increase the value. The Magic could ship Turkoglu, Duhon and Howard to "increase" the value if it's possible. Next year's draft is supposed to be stronger than this one, at least it isn't as loaded with international prospects at the top(buyout + high risk reward talent). I'm behind this team whatever they do, if they trade Howard it will be because they had no other choice.

Only difference is that Billups has value, Hedo is minimal and Duhon has zero.

If we could force a team into absorbing Gil's contract with Dwight, then it's a win for us. Denver is kinda screwed because now they're stuck at being a second rate team. I'd rather suck for 4 years and come back with a stronger and youner team (see Oklahoma City). I want to build through the draft, not trade and free agency

If you don't want LeBron then make it

Dwight and Arenas

for Wade, Bosh and Mike Miller

There is no way Miami trades Wade. They probably wouldn't offer LeBron either, they'd probably just offer us Bosh while Otis laughs and hangs up the phone.

• Upvote 1

Only difference is that Billups has value, Hedo is minimal and Duhon has zero.

If we could force a team into absorbing Gil's contract with Dwight, then it's a win for us. Denver is kinda screwed because now they're stuck at being a second rate team. I'd rather suck for 4 years and come back with a stronger and youner team (see Oklahoma City). I want to build through the draft, not trade and free agency

that's 33mil, we better get expirings and draft picks for that. If the team would own some teams 2012 pick and have it's own 2012 pick and both would end up being top 10 like.. 3 and 7 (probably much better than this year's 1 and 4) I mean it could work out. I do care about Dwight Howard staying I just think there's future for Orlando if he doesn't. I believe the management will pull off something good.

The problem I have with taking LeBron is that I don't see how we could beat a team with Wade-Bosh-Dwight on it. We'd be setting up a dynasty right next door. I'd probably still do it though.

• Downvote 1

that's 33mil, we better get expirings and draft picks for that. If the team would own some teams 2012 pick and have it's own 2012 pick and both would end up being top 10 like.. 3 and 7 (probably much better than this year's 1 and 4) I mean it could work out. I do care about Dwight Howard staying I just think there's future for Orlando if he doesn't. I believe the management will pull off something good.

Definitely to all of the above. We all want Dwight to stay but it's all about preparing for the worst

The problem I have with taking LeBron is that I don't see how we could beat a team with Wade-Bosh-Dwight on it. We'd be setting up a dynasty right next door. I'd probably still do it though.

Seeing Dwight in a Heat uniform would make me puke, but I'm not worried about Miami I am concerned about the Magic. LeBron would give this team a chance to continue competing for titles for a while. I can NOT stand LeBron, but I couldn't stand Arenas in Washington either but I've gotten over it despite the fact he blew chunks in a Magic uniform. I guarantee the people saying they would stop cheering for the Magic if we got LeBron would be the first people to go nuts the first time he does a fast break dunk and will be rushing to buy his jersey.

However, this will never happen.

• Upvote 2

Seeing Dwight in a Heat uniform would make me puke, but I'm not worried about Miami I am concerned about the Magic. LeBron would give this team a chance to continue competing for titles for a while. I can NOT stand LeBron, but I couldn't stand Arenas in Washington either but I've gotten over it despite the fact he blew chunks in a Magic uniform. I guarantee the people saying they would stop cheering for the Magic if we got LeBron would be the first people to go nuts the first time he does a fast break dunk and will be rushing to buy his jersey.

However, this will never happen.

Lol, true

It has been awhile, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I don't think we would ever move Howard to Miami. They have no picks for future talent and as much as some might say, Lebron for Howard straight up is not a fair trade for Orlando. I'm still under the impression that we have some big moves coming up in the future. Starting this season with the same roster says little to Howard that we're trying to keep him considering the meetings he's had with the front office about which players he would like to play with. I think the big question this off-season is whether Otis can find a trade that will make the team better.

so i was getting sh** on for mentioning Dwight in a trade for CP3, and now we're talking Heat trades for Dwight. IDK what to think anymore. We need some news, any news

• Upvote 2