Sign in to follow this  
AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part IV: A new hope (Draft day, baby!)

82 members have voted

1. 1. What will Otis Sith do?

• Nothing. He likes this team.
    • Draft another Fran and we go SVGSAD
    • Make a "SMH" trade.
    • Make a "OTIS WE LOVE YOU!" trade.
    • Make a "What just happened?" trade.
    • Otis forgets it's Draft day and all our wishes go down the drain
    • Random poll answer is random.
    • Whatever makes Dwight happy, Otis will do it!

Dan is posting. Here comes the Grim Reaper of all hope :svgsad:

Basically Otis "Likes This Team" and the team needs time to gel... Thats what is going to be released to the media if nothing happens....

Its been known that Otis doesn't like us fans that are avid and on message boards... We are just a joke to him which I can agree to an extent...

:beatcomp:

Prove me wrong POtis

• Upvote 1

@OrlandoMagicPat

Pat Williams Absolutely tune into the draft tonight. A lot can - and will - happen. Lots of unknowns pop up...you never know what might develop.

1 hour ago via web

Felt like it needed a repost

Dan is posting. Here comes the Grim Reaper of all hope :svgsad:

Haha, that's harsh. I guess I'll have to get a Grim Reaper avatar. Apparently, I kill dreams and puppies.

My main point is, I get questions from fans and people post deals for example (I'll use other teams so no one reads to much into it):

Trade: Jason Kidd for LeBron or Cavs are nearing deal for Wade by trading Hickson. And it's crazy.

Fortunately, most people here at least take time to match salaries and level down the realism, but it's not the case through the internet and definitely not on Twitter.

In some ways people oversimplify the process and in some ways the overcomplicate it.

Sometimes in some organization, other people, assistant gms, etc. talk deal and then it works its way up to the GM.

But there's a lot of sitting and waiting, right thing at the right time and not doing a deal for the sake of just doing a deal. It's not always presented that way.

My main point is not to buy into every rumor, it ends up leading to a lot of disappointment or fear of something that's just not true. No one is "laughing at fans," just at the garbage that's tossed out there by some people who claim to have sources.

It just keeps getting better :chairshot:

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins

From @ajchawks: "Trading Smith as salary dump makes little sense (& complicated by $4 million trade kicker his new team would have to pay)"

7 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

• Downvote 1

When you post a new trade rumor, you have two options each with its own advantages and disadvantages.

Either you can post a full trade as your rumor, or you can post that two teams are talking and casually mention a few key players.

Post a full trade, and you have the benefit of legitimacy. People will tend to believe it if someone has a full trade idea lined up for their rumor. The downside is that if your trade proves wrong, you just look like a fool.

On the other hand, mentioning players casually gives you a lot more breathing room. Should the trade go down but not feature the players you mentioned, others might believe you if you say the teams just changed their minds. The only downside here is that there's a decent chance that no one will believe your initial rumor.

It's the same for NBA draft night trades as it is for African Arms deals: You have to know what your plan is, and you have to own all the risks.

Burn Notice season premiere: Tonight, 9pm EST.

• Upvote 1

When you post a new trade rumor, you have two options each with its own advantages and disadvantages.

Either you can post a full trade as your rumor, or you can post that two teams are talking and casually mention a few key players.

Post a full trade, and you have the benefit of legitimacy. People will tend to believe it if someone has a full trade idea lined up for their rumor. The downside is that if your trade proves wrong, you just look like a fool.

On the other hand, mentioning players casually gives you a lot more breathing room. Should the trade go down but not feature the players you mentioned, others might believe you if you say the teams just changed their minds. The only downside here is that there's a decent chance that no one will believe your initial rumor.

It's the same for NBA draft night trades as it is for African Arms deals: You have to know what your plan is, and you have to own all the risks.

Burn Notice season premiere: Tonight, 9pm EST.

Sorry I will be watching the Draft not Burn Notice (good show tho)