Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

The Bulls will be one of the teams likely interested in Carter if he is bought out — similarly with Richard Hamilton, who is less likely to be bought out because he has two years left on his contract. The Bulls will be over the salary cap, so they cannot offer Carter more than a minimum deal. Currently, there is a mid level exception, which most don't expect to survive the new collective bargaining agreement. So would Carter come to the Bulls for a minimum when he can make much more, though with a lesser team? The advantage the Bulls have is they can offer a starting job. Of course, Dallas likely could, as well, on a minimum deal. The Heat could not. Would Carter like to play in New York with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire for the same minimum and probably start there as well? Or just collect as much money as he can and maybe go play somewhere like Denver or the Clippers? He'll have some interesting decisions to make.

Evan Dunlap: Former Magic C/current Magic Dir. of Player Development Adonal Foyle earned his Master's in sports psychology on Saturday.

With Iguodala and so many other veterans being shopped including Monta Ellis, Andre Miller and Jameer Nelson, trades may steal the show on the draft night.

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins

@

@caseyw2002 I don't think they'll move up in the draft. My guess: They would consider any deal aside from giving up Dwight.

32 minutes ago

Josh Robbins

@

@regularseason That would be the #Magic's dream scenario. But I don't think CP3 would do that to New Orleans.

33 minutes ago

Josh Robbins

@reggiehere Nothing appears imminent. I don't think Magic have good trade chips, but nothing would surprise me right now.

35 minutes ago

Josh Robbins

@

@magicfanejc42 Nothing new -- that he disclosed, anyway. I've made some calls, and so far I've heard of nothing of note.

38 minutes ago

VC: Yo, cuz. Time flies, we old!

T-MAC: Yeah, brah. And our teams suck

15n1t1x.png

T-MAC: But don't worry, we're signing with Orlando

VC: **ROFL**

ruw9ih.png

VC: Nah, they don't want us there

312wefr.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Howard/Pryzbilla/Orton

Boozer/Clark

Batum/Turk/Q~Rich

Smith/Redick

Arenas/Miller/Duhon

1. J~Rich, Bass ~ Boozer

2. Nelson, Anderson (2nd round pick if needed) ~ Miller, Batum

3. Sign J.R Smith with full MLE

4. Sign Pryzbilla for the vet. min.

5. Draft the best versatile defender

LEGGO!!!!

Howard/Pryzbilla/Orton

Boozer/Clark

Batum/Turk/Q~Rich

Smith/Redick

Arenas/Miller/Duhon

1. J~Rich, Bass ~ Boozer

2. Nelson, Anderson (2nd round pick if needed) ~ Miller, Batum

3. Sign J.R Smith with full MLE

4. Sign Pryzbilla for the vet. min.

5. Draft the best versatile defender

Other than Batum and Howard that may be the worst defensive team in NBA history lol

#Magic center Daniel Orton (knee) is cleared medically to play if there is an #Orlando summer league, GM Otis Smith said.

15 minutes ago

I'll be on @710ESPN in Los Angeles at some point tonite 11 p.m.-1 a.m. (EDT)/8 p.m.-10 p.m. (PDT) to talk about the #Magic

17 minutes ago

Feel free to call me an idiot, but I had an idea just now before my evening workout. I had some coffee so I'm buzzed enough to post this.

I think we should, or may trade Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, Ryan Anderson, and Brandon Bass for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor. The salaries are true to trade. We lose frontcourt stability in backups and at the SF position, however, Okafor can play backup Center when Howard is out. If Orton can get in game shape then that would do a world of good for us whether or not we make this trade. We can also graze the FA wire for help, or use JJ to trade for a couple role players.

Hunch: Dwight said that Arenas was not used properly last season and not in the right role. He said Arenas should receive more time with Howard in games. I think he's starting next season, and at the 2 so that he has more opportunities off the ball to get open looks.

So, here's how it looks:

PG: Chris Paul - Chris Duhon

SG: Gilbert Arenas - JJ Redick

SF: Quentin Richardson - Free Agent Pickup/Rookie

PF: Emeka Okafor - Daniel Orton - FA/Rookie?

C: Dwight Howard - Okafor? - FA/Rookie?

Other than Batum and Howard that may be the worst defensive team in NBA history lol

And it's STILL better than the team we had this year.

Feel free to call me an idiot, but I had an idea just now before my evening workout. I had some coffee so I'm buzzed enough to post this.

I think we should, or may trade Jameer Nelson, Hedo Turkoglu, Ryan Anderson, and Brandon Bass for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor. The salaries are true to trade. We lose frontcourt stability in backups and at the SF position, however, Okafor can play backup Center when Howard is out. If Orton can get in game shape then that would do a world of good for us whether or not we make this trade. We can also graze the FA wire for help, or use JJ to trade for a couple role players.

Hunch: Dwight said that Arenas was not used properly last season and not in the right role. He said Arenas should receive more time with Howard in games. I think he's starting next season, and at the 2 so that he has more opportunities off the ball to get open looks.

So, here's how it looks:

PG: Chris Paul - Chris Duhon

SG: Gilbert Arenas - JJ Redick

SF: Quentin Richardson - Free Agent Pickup/Rookie

PF: Emeka Okafor - Daniel Orton - FA/Rookie?

C: Dwight Howard - Okafor? - FA/Rookie?

I wish it was that simple.

Looks like OJ Mayo is still on the block. Here are some excerpts from a Q&A with their GM, Chris Wallace:

On team needs

Wallace, much like key Griz players and head coach Lionel Hollins, believes the team needs more 3-point shooting, speed and quickness at backup point guard, and another power forward.

On whether OJ Mayo will be traded Draft night

Sometimes there are situations that are very positive that arise for your team that you just have to do. It doesn't mean you don't like the player anymore or you planned on getting rid of him. It's just that an opportunity came up. So it's impossible to gauge what opportunity will arise with a particular player in the future. You don't totally control those scenarios. It takes two to tango. There are things teams may do now that they wouldn't do a year ago.

So the Grizz want shooters, backup PG and another PF. What are the pieces the Magic have?

JJ Redick (shooter), Ryan Anderson (shooter and PF), Brandon Bass (PF) and Chris Duhon (backup PG, rumoured to be a shooter).

Get it done Otis! We have what they need and vice versa!