Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

My dream scenario is thus (and I do mean dream)

Gilbert axed through Amnesty.

Turk, J-Rich, Bass, Q-Rich traded.

Bring in Ellis, Iggy, and Boozer through trade. (Don't ask me how it's a dream damnit, if you want realistic then I will take either Ellis or Iggy).

Vasquez signs up.

And to top it all off somehow we snag CP3. (Yes I know this part is almost more impossible then the first).

Dwight resigns. Party on church street. I DJ with Nick Anderson while Jareth sits above the water tank to get dumped into by admiring fans.

My dream scenario is thus (and I do mean dream)

Gilbert axed through Amnesty.

Turk, J-Rich, Bass, Q-Rich traded.

Bring in Ellis, Iggy, and Boozer through trade. (Don't ask me how it's a dream damnit, if you want realistic then I will take either Ellis or Iggy).

Vasquez signs up.

And to top it all off somehow we snag CP3. (Yes I know this part is almost more impossible then the first).

Dwight resigns. Party on church street. I DJ with Nick Anderson while Jareth sits above the water tank to get dumped into by admiring fans.

This part alone makes it a win

So Dwight is interview in Europe and says coaching didn't utilize Gilbert properly and that Gil promised him that he would get better physically and mentally over the summer and that he thinks Gil could do a lot for this team if allowed to play. Here is the article:

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/2011/06/19/howard-critical-of-coachs-use-of-arenas/

sorry if someone posted that already....

I add to that, I asked Rudolph on twitter for an update on any Magic news and I was told Jameer is being shopped right now. I think it is safe to say Gilbert will be our starting PG with Jameer here or not so with that said..... Also recent noise about Portland Shopping Andre Miller.... what do you guys think about this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=69z4nq8

Orlando gets: Miller & Camby

Portland gets: Meer & Turk

Obviously it mkes sense for us, we get a solid back up PG (if Gil starts) and a solid back up Center / PF with Camby AND BOTH CONTRACTS EXPIRE AFTER THIS SEASON.

But would Portland do it, I can see them taking Meer but would they take Turk after he did them dirty in summer of 09.

• Downvote 1

my take on what trades to make:

trade-1.jpg

Orl: Iggy of course, finally a back center and a good passing back up PG

Cap relief with Turks contract moved.

76ers: Massive cap relief, a top 10 center when healthy and a great young PF in Beasley

Wolves: Instant offense in Ellis, Turk and JJ. All players that can score, and great team to build around Love and Rubio

Warriors: Cap relief , a PG in Nelson who could co-exist with Curry and a PF/C in Brand to form a solid front court with D.Lee

I'm not getting my hopes up for CP3 again, I WILL NOT. I'm even cautious on Iggy and Ellis.

We'll propably end up with Vince Carter and T-Mac

If Dwight Is in europe right now he should go talk to Fran Vasquez

D12

"Yo, FRANNIE! Wassup my white broseph! Soooo... whatchu think about coming to the Magics lol?"

Frannie

"No quiero jugar en Estados Unidos. Usted debe venir a jugar con el Barcelona o el Real Madrid. Hermosas mujeres españolas, un montón de dinero."

D12

".... wh00000t?"

Frannie

"Money. Woman. Spain?"

D12

"Oh hold up hold up... wait Imma gonna make a phonecall............ YO! CEEPEETHREE!! WHOOP WHOOP!... This yo boy D-Howard... Whatchu say about going to SPAIN next year? Loads of money and fine women... Nah man Rubio is going to Minny I think, you start!... YOU ME IN SPAAAAAIN aaaaaaach!"

Frannie

"Bienvenida!"

Big money, baby! Go big or go home! JC, bring the tweets and rumors. Nttnybuc, bring the news, man. Let's roll, Orlando Nation!!!

Imagine if we'd somehow get CP3, Iggy, Love and Mayo... It would be hard to score on us, hard to rebound against us and we'd be hard to defend... Sigh.

you guys make for some minor entertainiment but at the end of the day how many have actually followed the nba path of ellis. think about the magic defense with ellis as the sg and gil as the pg. the word defense would not exist. the magic would be better off with nelson and jj. also the offense would be out of control. might be fun to watch at times but do you really think this team could win it all with those two bone heads. who guards rose, wade, rondo, etc. i can not believe the magic woud give up 2 or 3 solid young players to get a small no defense sg. they would be better off to look at other options.

Other teams, including the Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors, have called the 76ers, but they're not able to offer the size or financial flexibility that the Clippers can with Kaman. HoopsWorld