Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Mike Brown new Lakers Coach

No offense to Mike Brown, but I never thought him to be that good of a coach. Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't see how can you pass up on Adelman in order to sign Mike Brown...

Same goes for the Rockets - how can you fire Adleman and then go for Kevin McHale?!

• Upvote 1

Mike Brown? Really?

The guy screwed up big time in the playoffs with the Cavs, from 08 on. Lost control of the team (G6 Boston).

And he gets rewarded by signing with the Lakers? Odd to say the least. :o

i'm shock the lakers went with mike brown he had the best record in the league two years running and couldn't get to the finals. he has proven he is the man as long as his superstar is on the same page. we have seen kobe turn on phil and shaq just before he left for miami

so it will be interesting to see how long before kobe turns on him.

any way i found this funny

i was reading the release on nba.com today and really loved this piece

"Mike Brown is a great coach," James said. "He brought us success that we hadn't had before in that city, and it started with his defensive concepts. He brought in a defensive mindset that we didn't have. Fifty-plus wins, he was coach of the year, he got us to the (NBA) finals, won us the Eastern Conference finals ... because of him and his coaching staff. I respect him. He definitely helped me become who I am today."

great way for james to pay him back endorse him after he quit on him...... watch out eric with both Lebron and Pat around it wont be long till your pulling the knives out of your back.

• Upvote 1

They'll probably improve defensively. . . wonder if some of the assistants will stay and if they'll continue to run the triangle. I think Kobe becomes that team's coach in six months.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i'm shock the lakers went with mike brown he had the best record in the league two years running and couldn't get to the finals.

Cavs made it to the Finals under Mike Brown in 2006-2007 and were swept by the Spurs

I think that Mike Brown is a better coach than people give him credit for. I thought he always took a back seat to Lebron and how nuts everyone was for him. I think he'll do good in L.A. but the toughest thing is for him to get all the players on the same page and to make sure they realize he isn't trying to replace Phil or be better than Phil, just move to another chapter in Laker history.

Other than that, I expect the Lakers to be back next season and have another team that can make a deep run in the playoffs

And I honestly don't get several people on this board being Adleman homers. He was an underachieving coach in Sacramento and in Houston. He isn't a good coach. He won't win you a championship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And I honestly don't get several people on this board being Adleman homers. He was an underachieving coach in Sacramento and in Houston. He isn't a good coach. He won't win you a championship.

If it wasn't for the Kobe/Shaq-Lakers (and some may argue a few questionable calls) the Kings would have won a title in the early 2000s. With a team that featured Chris Webber as their best player...

As for Houston: The Rockets were injury-depleted throughout Adelman's tenure and he still got the best out of them - including that playoff-run in 2009 (without Yao/T-Mac) where they took the Lakers to 7 games.

I think you're the one who is misjudging Adelman's skills here because that's certainly not "underachieving".

I would not want to coach the Lakers, I think they are an aging team with way too much ego. Good luck Mike, you will need it.

I would. Nice salary