Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

It's the End of the World as we Know it

I disagree. The problem wasn't with what he predicted would happen, just the timing. Christians still believe this stuff will happen some day. So I don't think this one guy is responsible for making the entire religion look bad, since he was only pinning down a date for one of the core beliefs of that religion.

He's not God, he didn't know the date, nobody does. That guy just wanted attention. It's the same thing with the Mayans and 2012. Their kids can't pass the FCAT, they definitely can't predict the end of the world.

Yes, I do beleieve in the rapture, but I don't beleieve it can be predicted by man. I also believe that a guy came down and died on a cross, only to come back from the dead days later. They both sound crazy, but do does saying my great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was an ape.

Can we still talk about the rapture?

If you'd like to. We only have an hour and a half to live, assuming this guy was going by EST.

If you'd like to. We only have an hour and a half to live, assuming this guy was going by EST.

nah, we have like 5 months left to live if you believe what that one guy says (or 7 years if some rapture schools are to be believed). Rapture is just when the "true" christians leave.

nah, we have like 5 months left to live if you believe what that one guy says (or 7 years if some rapture schools are to be believed). Rapture is just when the "true" christians leave.

I wonder if this guy will become suicidal when nothing happens.

This wasn't supposed to turn into a religious debate. It was just supposed to be a fun thing to think about, if the world did end tomorrow what would you want to do?

Starts with an "M" ends with "asturbate"

• Downvote 2

I'm in central time. I get an extra hour before the earthquakes start, although I'm near the line between eastern and central, so I don't see how I'm not going to feel the earthquakes that you folks will get in half an hour or so.