Sign in to follow this  
BMP

Things you'd like changed

Auto Play off is awesome.

Maybe a reputation of +20 or 100 posts whichever comes first.

Post limit of 10 posts a day

No pictures allowed except for in game threads.

Any post disrespecting a person indiscriminately or speaking derogatorily about someone being deleted by mods except for in off topic forum.

I'll have to break your last rule and say these suggestions are stupid besides the first & second one.

• Upvote 3

Auto Play off is awesome.

Maybe a reputation of +20 or 100 posts whichever comes first.

Post limit of 10 posts a day

No pictures allowed except for in game threads.

Any post disrespecting a person indiscriminately or speaking derogatorily about someone being deleted by mods except for in off topic forum.

10 posts a day? Seriously? That is the dumbest suggestion yet. If there are 3 interesting threads on the forum, I would have to pick which one I'm the most interested so that I can have enough posts for a sufficient conversation...and I would STILL fall short. Can you imagine everyone attempting to discuss a trade that just occured with only 10 posts? Not a single thread would exist in the HOF if this idiotic idea existed.

• Upvote 2

10 posts a day? Seriously? That is the dumbest suggestion yet. If there are 3 interesting threads on the forum, I would have to pick which one I'm the most interested so that I can have enough posts for a sufficient conversation...and I would STILL fall short. Can you imagine everyone attempting to discuss a trade that just occured with only 10 posts? Not a single thread would exist in the HOF if this idiotic idea existed.

My bad it was supposed to be 100

wat

Anyway, I'm basing these thoughts on if the team doesn't make any major trades or CBA changes. Here's what my dream is for the team:

We change the offense. No more 4 out 1 in.

Arenas rehabs his leg, comes back to average 17/7 and with a decent FG%.

Anderson comes back stronger, with a small post-up game, plays mid-range A LOT more often setting off ball screens, making good passes (I'm thinking KG-like knowmsayn? :rolleyes: ).

We run a line up of:

Dwight, Ryno, Hedo, J-rich, Arenas.

We got good height right there, good rebounding and play making.

Mid-season trade to take Hedo out of the starting line up or something I don't know.

I don't know... Right now, all rests on Gilbert's shoulders to be honest :D

In the playoffs I saw him getting to the bucket (very very slowly) and making sweet pick and rolls with dwight. Made me wet.

I hope to see him get back to maybe 60% and regain that confidence with him starting.

Can't wait for what next season has to offer us.

wat

Anyway, I'm basing these thoughts on if the team doesn't make any major trades or CBA changes. Here's what my dream is for the team:

We change the offense. No more 4 out 1 in.

Arenas rehabs his leg, comes back to average 17/7 and with a decent FG%.

Anderson comes back stronger, with a small post-up game, plays mid-range A LOT more often setting off ball screens, making good passes (I'm thinking KG-like knowmsayn? :rolleyes: ).

We run a line up of:

Dwight, Ryno, Hedo, J-rich, Arenas.

We got good height right there, good rebounding and play making.

Mid-season trade to take Hedo out of the starting line up or something I don't know.

I don't know... Right now, all rests on Gilbert's shoulders knees to be honest :D

In the playoffs I saw him getting to the bucket (very very slowly) and making sweet pick and rolls with dwight. Made me wet.

I hope to see him get back to maybe 60% and regain that confidence with him starting.

Can't wait for what next season has to offer us.

Fixed.

Do we have enough people making a hundred posts a day to warrant this rule? You might as well call it the Jareth Cutestory rule....and I'm not sure he even posts that much.

Edit: He doesn't. He averages a whopping 11 posts a day.

Magic- One of two thing need to happen with personelle: one, is that either Arenas needs to learn to play 2G over the off-season, allowing he and Jameer to play together, or Orlando needs to trade Jameer with bass or Anderson for a solid starting PF. There will be no trading of Arenas unless Otis can find someone dumber than himself, so he pretty much has to contribute in a big way, be it good or bad.

Two is that Orlando trade everyone and anyone they can to get expiring contracts.

All of this rests on Arenas getting healthy to some degree. No one will trade for Arenas without him improving drastically. We could find a taker for him if he were a decent starter-quality PG, but no one will pay that kind of money for a guy who can't contribute on any real level. If he came back as a staring PG and averaged something like 18-20 and 5-6' there really wouldn't be a need to trade him, as long as he played half-decent D. If he came back doing that as a 2, Orlando would still have trouble guarding PGs, but at least they could score.

Hedo finding his man-parts again would help, too.

In terms of phylosophy, I agree with many here who have said that Orlando needs to get to the rim, rather than just jack up bad threes. The great thing about the finals team a couple of years ago was that they weren't just a jump-shooting team. Hedo used to take the ball to the basket. Even with Vince, he would take it to the rim when he could find the enthusiasm. The reason Atlanta found it so easy to shut Orlando down from 3 was that they had no fear of anyone but Dwight getting near the rim. This team needs to get a slasher who can still hit the 3, or Hedo needs to man up.

Defensively, Orlando needs to man up in general. Everyone on this roster who isn't Dwight is soft, either by choice or by physical limitation. Changes must be made in the overall philosophy of Orlando's D.

In the League, the refs need to be made accountable for their calls, either by making them do press conferences, or by having the league review and evaluate their calls each game. And if Dwight, or anyone else, gets hit in the face without a call, much less a flagrant or a tech, the ref should be fined. Face-shots are uncalled-for, and Dwight takes multiple per game.

Magic- One of two thing need to happen with personelle: one, is that either Arenas needs to learn to play 2G over the off-season, allowing he and Jameer to play together, or Orlando needs to trade Jameer with bass or Anderson for a solid starting PF. There will be no trading of Arenas unless Otis can find someone dumber than himself, so he pretty much has to contribute in a big way, be it good or bad.

Two is that Orlando trade everyone and anyone they can to get expiring contracts.

All of this rests on Arenas getting healthy to some degree. No one will trade for Arenas without him improving drastically. We could find a taker for him if he were a decent starter-quality PG, but no one will pay that kind of money for a guy who can't contribute on any real level. If he came back as a staring PG and averaged something like 18-20 and 5-6' there really wouldn't be a need to trade him, as long as he played half-decent D. If he came back doing that as a 2, Orlando would still have trouble guarding PGs, but at least they could score.

Hedo finding his man-parts again would help, too.

In terms of phylosophy, I agree with many here who have said that Orlando needs to get to the rim, rather than just jack up bad threes. The great thing about the finals team a couple of years ago was that they weren't just a jump-shooting team. Hedo used to take the ball to the basket. Even with Vince, he would take it to the rim when he could find the enthusiasm. The reason Atlanta found it so easy to shut Orlando down from 3 was that they had no fear of anyone but Dwight getting near the rim. This team needs to get a slasher who can still hit the 3, or Hedo needs to man up.

Defensively, Orlando needs to man up in general. Everyone on this roster who isn't Dwight is soft, either by choice or by physical limitation. Changes must be made in the overall philosophy of Orlando's D.

In the League, the refs need to be made accountable for their calls, either by making them do press conferences, or by having the league review and evaluate their calls each game. And if Dwight, or anyone else, gets hit in the face without a call, much less a flagrant or a tech, the ref should be fined. Face-shots are uncalled-for, and Dwight takes multiple per game.

I think the common issue everyone has is there is a problem with our versatility. Its not bad that we shoot too many threes, its that we either shoot threes or fail. We need guys who can perform in multiple ways (Defense, shooting, attacking the rim, passing the ball, rebounding, etc). All we have is a collection of players who really do one thing great. For example, I love JJ but hes the type of player we can only use in certain situations. He's a great shooter with an ever improving mid range game but can only play against backups or the less athletic shooting guards. He's only a situational player. If we were built like chicago (at least 3 above average defensive players on the court at all times) we'd be able to play JJ like chicago plays Korver. But JJ out there with either nelson or arenas, hedo, bass or anderson, and Dwight makes everyone else worse. You could really make that case for anyone on our roster besides Dwight. Jameer would be a fine starting point guard if we had other players to cover his deficiencies. If we had a lineup of rondo-jj-iggy-hayes-dwight JJ would be a fine starting shooting guard because everyone else covers his deficiencies.

We need to compliment our talent (essentially jameer, jj, anderson, and Dwight) with versatile players more like what pietrus was when he first came to the magic. Wings who you cant leave open on the three point line who are athletic and able to cut to the basket too. Power Forwards who, like bass, can hit mid-range shots (or threes), are quick enough to defend the perimeter forwards and help with guards in the pick and roll, and long enough to bother players in the post. Centers who need to do nothing else but protect the rim while Dwight is resting.

This is a lot to ask for. We wont be able to find a lot of players who fill every need we have, but if we at least get some athleticism it will be enough to improve this team and get it back to where we want to be.