ShefGator2

Trade Rumor Heard on ESPN Radio this morning

Considering how awful Jameer is at getting Dwight the ball, I can't imagine how they're friends anymore.

Your constant one-upmanship in dumb comments is quickly becoming second to none.

Your constant one-upmanship in dumb comments is quickly becoming second to none.

Everything I've said is 100% true. Iggy is a hyperathletic bum and Jameer is a tiny shooting guard who is a mediocre passer on his best days.

• Downvote 2

We need to pray that the league lets us keep 1 player of our choosing and do a league-wide re-draft.

Let's keep Hedo then take OJ Mayo with our first pick.

Let's keep Hedo then take OJ Mayo with our first pick.

Any way that we could bring Pat Garrity outta retirement and then have him as our franchise player?

So, I understand to some degree why both teams would want to make this trade if it were the only thing Philly could get for Iggy, but I can't imagine that being the case. Why wouldn't they trade him for al Jefferson, instead? He would certainly be useful to Utah, more so than AJ at this point, anyway. So maybe we're thinking Orlando will take Brand's contract. I don't see how Orlando could pull that off without trading Jameer with Turk and still they'd have to throw in JJ. Now, I'm not sure that trade still isn't a good one for Orlando, but how is it good for Philly? Philly gets a point guard they don't need and a SF they don't need and a SG they don't need for arguably their best two players last year. how does that work? I understand wanting to get younger, but there is only so much I am willing to believe.

Or maybe they want Gil, so he can teach Williams and Holiday the true art of the shoot first PG.

So, I understand to some degree why both teams would want to make this trade if it were the only thing Philly could get for Iggy, but I can't imagine that being the case. Why wouldn't they trade him for al Jefferson, instead? He would certainly be useful to Utah, more so than AJ at this point, anyway. So maybe we're thinking Orlando will take Brand's contract. I don't see how Orlando could pull that off without trading Jameer with Turk and still they'd have to throw in JJ. Now, I'm not sure that trade still isn't a good one for Orlando, but how is it good for Philly? Philly gets a point guard they don't need and a SF they don't need and a SG they don't need for arguably their best two players last year. how does that work? I understand wanting to get younger, but there is only so much I am willing to believe.

Or maybe they want Gil, so he can teach Williams and Holiday the true art of the shoot first PG.

please say it aint so!

but at the same time you can't just trade jameer for anyone. If Dwight doesn't have any relationships left on this team why would he stay?

Oh I absolutely agree. I don't think we should squander Jameer on just anyone. Right now, he is our best asset (excluding Dwight of course). We should only let him go if it nets us someone like Iggy.

Now, I'm not sure that trade still isn't a good one for Orlando, but how is it good for Philly? Philly gets a point guard they don't need and a SF they don't need and a SG they don't need for arguably their best two players last year. how does that work? I understand wanting to get younger, but there is only so much I am willing to believe.

I agree. I just don't see this trade as being realistic, unless their GM is like ours: brainless.

Everything I've said is 100% true. Iggy is a hyperathletic bum and Jameer is a tiny shooting guard who is a mediocre passer on his best days.

Guys, Iggy is a BUM!! He blows!!!

lol..this poor kid needs to watch basketball, or try playing it once or twice bare minimum.

yeah, we totally can't use a 2nd team all defensive sg-sf who was the defensive stopper on team usa last summer who's good for 14-17ppg on high efficiency 6 apg and 6rpg. There's no way we should trade for this guy when he's 28 and has a good contract for his value.

Yeah because being on the All-Defensive Second Team makes Iggy a "hyperathletic bum" and being a former All-Star makes Jameer a "mediocre passer on his best days," right?

Why are we still using season awards as some kind of barometer when Kobe made defensive first team, Rose won MVP and Fraudbrook made an All-NBA team? God knows this lousy roster could use some of what Iggy brings but his negatives far outweigh his positives. I'll concede if we swap him for Hedouche (who isn't even an NBA player anymore as far as I'm concerned) then Otis should be GM of the year.