Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Obama About to Announce that the US has Killed Osama Bin Laden

In order to defeat an enemy, you must crush their will and spirit. Killing the biggest celebrity in the field of terror is about as damaging a blow to morale as you can inflict.

In addition, while Al-Qeada is a bunch of different cells operating independently, they still would all take orders from UBL. This is a severe administratorial blow to the power structure in the world of terror.

I respectfully disagree. It seems you are slightly contradicting yourself: why would they take orders from someone if they are acting on their own? "Hey, I want you to do this, but you don't have to do it. Just do your own thing." doesn't make sense to me. I do agree that this is an administrative blow to UBL's power structure/group, however the world of terror will simply fill the vacuum left behind. I pray to God that nothing happens, but just from flipping the news on it seems like there will be some kind of attack somewhere. By who? nobody knows.

I respectfully disagree. It seems you are slightly contradicting yourself: why would they take orders from someone if they are acting on their own? "Hey, I want you to do this, but you don't have to do it. Just do your own thing." doesn't make sense to me.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

That same description would apply to NATO: a group of independent groups that shut up and do what American President tells them to do when the situation dictates.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

That same description would apply to NATO: a group of independent groups that shut up and do what American President tells them to do when the situation dictates.

why stop there, the Security Council is the same too right?

-_-

I respectfully disagree. It seems you are slightly contradicting yourself: why would they take orders from someone if they are acting on their own? "Hey, I want you to do this, but you don't have to do it. Just do your own thing." doesn't make sense to me. I do agree that this is an administrative blow to UBL's power structure/group, however the world of terror will simply fill the vacuum left behind. I pray to God that nothing happens, but just from flipping the news on it seems like there will be some kind of attack somewhere. By who? nobody knows.

Nothing I said in there was a contradiction.

Congratulations American Government. It took over 9 years to find and kill a 6 foot 5 Arab terrorist who is on dialysis. Good Job

Thousands of American soldiers dead, tens of thousands permanently injured physically and mentally. Our economy in ruins.

Well worth it HUH????????????????

• Downvote 4

Congratulations American Government. It took over 9 years to find and kill a 6 foot 5 Arab terrorist who is on dialysis. Good Job

Thousands of American soldiers dead, tens of thousands permanently injured physically and mentally. Our economy in ruins.

Well worth it HUH????????????????

Would you rather they never found Bin Laden, so all those resources were wasted completely?

Would you rather they never found Bin Laden, so all those resources were wasted completely?

If Bin Laden is all that we have to show for the destruction of the American economy, and debt that cannot be repaid without the complete inflation of the dollar and then further losing it as the world monetary reserve, terrorism has truly won a major victory.

We have been trolled plain and simple; the "War on Terror" is a complete victory for those who hold anti-American sentiment. (As if you can have a "war" fighting a thought process.)

Those resources have been wasted completely.

• Downvote 2

Are you seriously trying to imply that America ISN'T far and away the dominant voice in NATO? Really?

that's certainly your opinion. There is no structural or procedural difference between any of the 28 members, they all have one delegate and receive one vote. And, i'm not even sure why you brought up NATO because it is strictly a mutual defense treaty which has what to do with the topic at hand? NATO members' decisions must go through the NATO council before reaching approval. They behave nothing like the rogue, independent terrorist organizations discussed here.

If Bin Laden is all that we have to show for the destruction of the American economy, and debt that cannot be repaid without the complete inflation of the dollar and then further losing it as the world monetary reserve, terrorism has truly won a major victory.

We have been trolled plain and simple; the "War on Terror" is a complete victory for those who hold anti-American sentiment. (As if you can have a "war" fighting a thought process.)

Those resources have been wasted completely.

• Osama Bin Laden is far from the only Al Qaeda operative killed or captured in the last decade just as he is far from the only one targeted, so this point is ridiculous. He's not the only target acquired, and to suggest otherwise is idiotic.
  • Associating all resources involved in the "War on Terror" with the specific mission of finding and killing one man, even if that one man was the most significant target, is both deliberately misleading and completely preposterous. Would you consider an entire homicide division's budget to have been wasted if they only caught 99% of their suspects?
  • Regardless of parallels stated at the time, the money spent to invade, occupy and occasionally rebuild Iraq has no direct relationship with the War on Terror in general or the hunt for Bin Laden specifically, with the sole possible exception of them competing for the same limited funding. And if you want to argue about THAT, you have to also include things like healthcare, social security and mortgage bailouts as part of the War on Terror. Speaking of mortgages:
  • The subprime mortgage collapse, the credit default swap implosion and the stock market freefall all had absolutely nothing to do with the war on terror, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, or any other thing you're going to try to equate it to. Read a *****ing book. Lehman Bros. wasn't massively overleveraged because of the war on terror, nor were they overleveraged because of gas prices.

******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 3