Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Obama About to Announce that the US has Killed Osama Bin Laden

took long enough...was it worth it guys? all those years and hours and money and resources spent for one guy, that, in the grand scheme of things will be replaced by someone younger and more eager to fill his shoes?

The leaders of this country never cease to amaze me...

People who gave me red: are you naive enough to think that any terrorist organization is ran by one man? Will the death of one person actually stop anything? NO.

• Downvote 4

Let this serve to any leader that takes his position. If you attack the USA, America will not rest until they bring you down. Bin Laden ran for 9 and a half years. And he still got his.

• Upvote 1

I don't know all the details yet, but i'd hardly call living in a MANSION outside of the CAPITAL city of Pakistan, Islamabad, as hiding.

Look, I get that everyone wants to relish in the moment, but the people in Pakistan are, for a lack of better words, bat-**** crazy, as in they don't think with logic or reason. And the government of Pakistan is weak and fragile. As corrupt and scummy as the government is, the last thing I want is for people in the streets celebrating their "hero" and causing riots and violence, further destabilizing the country.

• Downvote 3

took long enough...was it worth it guys? all those years and hours and money and resources spent for one guy, that, in the grand scheme of things will be replaced by someone younger and more eager to fill his shoes?

People who gave me red: are you naive enough to think that any terrorist organization is ran by one man? Will the death of one person actually stop anything? NO.

yes. anytime you take a leader of a movement away there usually isn't someone as effective to replace him.

No doubt someone will step up, but the fact that Osama was part of the muhadeen gave him a legitimate voice among jihadist groups. Nobody else currently has that. It will take some time before anyone has the street cred to organize a large international terror organization.

We just took out Avon, sure a Marlo is going to rise up but Marlo doesn't know how to play the game.

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Are YOU naive enough to believe that it wouldn't be seriously damaging to America if a terrorist organization were to kill the American president? And America already has a detailed and specific chain of succession in place.

Al Qaeda was only loosely unified, with each branch acting largely independently from one another. Bin Laden was one of the few people who they'd all listen to. So yes, this matters.

No one, or at least no one who isn't an absolute moron(even for a Thetan-bound Teegeeackian), believes this will permanently end terrorism or Al Qaeda. But it IS an enormous victory and a large accomplishment.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

Obama and the CIA deserve immense credit for this. Can we please hold back on the demonization of this agency for a year or so?

They get so little respect and credit for the job that they do, that no one else wants to.

Its kinda dumb to get on the cia anyway. They lost a lot of respect in the 70's with the bay of pigs and other things in south america. That was a while ago.

Obama and the CIA deserve immense credit for this. Can we please hold back on the demonization of this agency for a year or so?

They get so little respect and credit for the job that they do, that no one else wants to.

Are YOU naive enough to believe that it wouldn't be seriously damaging to America if a terrorist organization were to kill the American president? And America already has a detailed and specific chain of succession in place.

Al Qaeda was only loosely unified, with each branch acting largely independently from one another. Bin Laden was one of the few people who they'd all listen to. So yes, this matters.

No one, or at least no one who isn't an absolute moron(even for a Thetan-bound Teegeeackian), believes this will permanently end terrorism or Al Qaeda. But it IS an enormous victory and a large accomplishment.

A terrorist organization to kill the president how? That has as much a chance happening as me winning the lotto, probably even less. The white house might as well be fort knox. and Obama doesn't travel light (didn't he bring 150 people with him to India, a free democratic country?). The worst President Bush received was a shoe in his direction, and they tortured that guy for weeks. You'd have to resurrect Jesus first to even have a chance at getting to Obama.

This is hardly an enormous victory, more like a Pyrrhic victory. I saw it last night, when people were waving the flags and chanting jingos. I don't think this event has any significance to anyone except Obama, whose presidency has been long on failures and short on victories.

• Downvote 2

A terrorist organization to kill the president how? That has as much a chance happening as me winning the lotto, probably even less. The white house might as well be fort knox. and Obama doesn't travel light (didn't he bring 150 people with him to India, a free democratic country?). The worst President Bush received was a shoe in his direction, and they tortured that guy for weeks. You'd have to resurrect Jesus first to even have a chance at getting to Obama.

This is hardly an enormous victory, more like a Pyrrhic victory. I saw it last night, when people were waving the flags and chanting jingos. I don't think this event has any significance to anyone except Obama, whose presidency has been long on failures and short on victories.

You missed Xenu's point.

Badly.

yes. anytime you take a leader of a movement away there usually isn't someone as effective to replace him.

No doubt someone will step up, but the fact that Osama was part of the muhadeen gave him a legitimate voice among jihadist groups. Nobody else currently has that. It will take some time before anyone has the street cred to organize a large international terror organization.

We just took out Avon, sure a Marlo is going to rise up but Marlo doesn't know how to play the game.

muhadeen? you mean mujahideen? Mujahideen is not a group itself, it's just a term for soldiers. UBL had his own group, and other mujahideen did their own thing. The only thing that unites them is their opposition to the US. I don't think UBL is a leader who other groups look up to. The society and culture of that region has always been tribal/clan-based.

You missed Xenu's point.

Badly.

explain.

I mean I get it, there is terrorism and we should do everything to stop it. So in that sense this is a victory, but this is nothing more than a moral victory.

In order to defeat an enemy, you must crush their will and spirit. Killing the biggest celebrity in the field of terror is about as damaging a blow to morale as you can inflict.

In addition, while Al-Qeada is a bunch of different cells operating independently, they still would all take orders from UBL. This is a severe administratorial blow to the power structure in the world of terror.