Sign in to follow this  
chuch719

TIme to move forward

WoW, I'm sorry I tought this was a serious Forum but I guess I was mistaken. Time to search online for some mature NBA fans.

P.S. For the guy who said that Al Jefferson plays no D, maybe you should start watching basketball because you don't average 2 blocks a game by not playing Defense. Look at what Memphis is doing with a defensive center in Gasol and truly a guy that plays no defense in Randolph. Jefferson has a great mid range jump shot and is a good defender. We can definitely use him.

mature fans?, the option of trading HD is on the table, a mature fans understands that... if he stays I will be happy, but if he gets traded that also works for me.

in a year or so we will know what the mature fans have to say if HD walks...

There is a bunch of nuttiness going on in this thread...avoiding it like Hot Lava...only a Lakers troll would suggest trading dwight for Bynum/Odom.

• Downvote 1

WoW, I'm sorry I tought this was a serious Forum but I guess I was mistaken. Time to search online for some mature NBA fans.

P.S. For the guy who said that Al Jefferson plays no D, maybe you should start watching basketball because you don't average 2 blocks a game by not playing Defense. Look at what Memphis is doing with a defensive center in Gasol and truly a guy that plays no defense in Randolph. Jefferson has a great mid range jump shot and is a good defender. We can definitely use him.

People always joke in this board. There's some serious discussion too. Stick around.

I need the OP to explain to me how starting Arenas is a good idea immediately after he tells us that Arenas can no longer beat a high school player off the dribble. I'm clearly missing something here.

I've never liked the idea of Arenas starting at point guard, but I do understand that he probably will unless Orlando really doesn't want to trade Nelson. I've always been an advocate of of Jameer's, but I just don't know what to expect from him anymore. I'm not sure it hurts your team any more to have a point guard who takes bad shots than to have a point guard who is a poor perimeter defender and sometimes won't take good shots when they're there. I do think that Arenas is a possible step down at point guard, but he is also a possible step forward. If nothing else, he won't be dominated by taller point guards as Nelson often has been. The reason I think it is inevitable is that Arenas makes too much money not to be given a shot at the starting job; and we all know that he will never have a shot with Stan until Jameer Nelson is gone. I know it sounds crazy to base such a thing on a player's salary, but everything in this franchise is really hitched to Arenas' wagon. Orlando can't move him; there is not a player in the league with less trade value. So if you're going to pay a guy $20,000,000.00/year to play basketball (and I put all those zeros in to illustrate the point), you have to play him. Unless anyone thinks he can learn to play the 2 on a consistent basis, we should resign ourselves to the idea of starting Arenas at the Point.

Trading J.J. seems to be a good idea, but only if you think someone won't realize how much they'd be paying him. $7,500,000.00/year is a lot for a guy who's never been much but a decent reserve player. Nelson is really the only guy with any real trade value. He doesn't make too much for a solid Point Guard, and there are some teams whose strategies he would fit quite nicely. He would do well in Portland off the bench and maybe a starter if they lose Miller; or in Sacramento he could start for sure; Houston could surely use him as either a starter or instant offense off the bench; the Lakers would probably love him; Utah could use him for sure, especially if Devin Harris leaves; I doubt Orlando would want to trade inside the division, but Miami would salivate over him. So there are plenty of teams that would take him, and I think for some decent pieces. We might be able to get Rudy Fernandez from Portland; or Samuel Dalembert from the Kings; Houston would probably part with Courtney Lee; or maybe Ron Artest from the Lakers if we throw in Bass or Ryan Anderson; Utah would move Mehmet Okur; and if the Heat want him I think they would actually give up Udonis Haslem.

I don't know how much trade value Bass or Anderson have, as I think everyone knows they are absurdly one-dimensional. The point is that Orlando needs to do 2 things next season: let Arenas have his shot as a starter, and trade everyone else that they can for whatever expiring crap they can get hoping they can get a solid Power Forward in there somewhere.

Why would a serious forum talk about the ridiculous trade offer you're discussing?

And yes, you can average 2 blocks a game and not play defense, unless you want to tell me Amar'e and McGee are also good defenders. If your idea of defense is just blocking shots I'm not sure how seriously anyone here is supposed to take you.

My link

winning...

I've never liked the idea of Arenas starting at point guard, but I do understand that he probably will unless Orlando really doesn't want to trade Nelson. I've always been an advocate of of Jameer's, but I just don't know what to expect from him anymore. I'm not sure it hurts your team any more to have a point guard who takes bad shots than to have a point guard who is a poor perimeter defender and sometimes won't take good shots when they're there. I do think that Arenas is a possible step down at point guard, but he is also a possible step forward. If nothing else, he won't be dominated by taller point guards as Nelson often has been. The reason I think it is inevitable is that Arenas makes too much money not to be given a shot at the starting job; and we all know that he will never have a shot with Stan until Jameer Nelson is gone. I know it sounds crazy to base such a thing on a player's salary, but everything in this franchise is really hitched to Arenas' wagon. Orlando can't move him; there is not a player in the league with less trade value. So if you're going to pay a guy $20,000,000.00/year to play basketball (and I put all those zeros in to illustrate the point), you have to play him. Unless anyone thinks he can learn to play the 2 on a consistent basis, we should resign ourselves to the idea of starting Arenas at the Point.

Trading J.J. seems to be a good idea, but only if you think someone won't realize how much they'd be paying him. $7,500,000.00/year is a lot for a guy who's never been much but a decent reserve player. Nelson is really the only guy with any real trade value. He doesn't make too much for a solid Point Guard, and there are some teams whose strategies he would fit quite nicely. He would do well in Portland off the bench and maybe a starter if they lose Miller; or in Sacramento he could start for sure; Houston could surely use him as either a starter or instant offense off the bench; the Lakers would probably love him; Utah could use him for sure, especially if Devin Harris leaves; I doubt Orlando would want to trade inside the division, but Miami would salivate over him. So there are plenty of teams that would take him, and I think for some decent pieces. We might be able to get Rudy Fernandez from Portland; or Samuel Dalembert from the Kings; Houston would probably part with Courtney Lee; or maybe Ron Artest from the Lakers if we throw in Bass or Ryan Anderson; Utah would move Mehmet Okur; and if the Heat want him I think they would actually give up Udonis Haslem.

I don't know how much trade value Bass or Anderson have, as I think everyone knows they are absurdly one-dimensional. The point is that Orlando needs to do 2 things next season: let Arenas have his shot as a starter, and trade everyone else that they can for whatever expiring crap they can get hoping they can get a solid Power Forward in there somewhere.

Nelson for Udrih and Thompson would be interesting