Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Game 5 Orlando vs. Hawks Tuesday Night 7:30

Nyce to see everyone get rolling, Anderson hit a few, J-Rich hit a couple, and even though he had foul trouble even Hedo hit a few shots. Jameer & Arenas BOTH did a great job running the offense, I think. The one good thing about Game 4 is that Stan discovered a gem in that Arenas-Dwight pick and roll.

Even though he missed his first few shots, I thought Bass was solid with his energy, and he pick-and-rolled to slams instead of pick-and-popping! I was impressed with his aggressiveness.

Even though the threes were dropping, guys didn't just chuck all night either. They passed the ball awesomely, also attacked the rim.. I can't remember the Magic ever getting so many of the loose, 50-50 balls either. Usually we're on the short end of that stick, but not tonight. Dwight was fierce on the boards as well.

The most impressive stretch to me was J.J. Redick in the first half. He scored like 7 straight points and pretty much shut the door on the Hawks early. After what J.J. did, it seemed like every Hawk's body language turned for the worse, like they knew it just wasn't their night. Not only is J.J. truly back, so is the Bench Mob as a whole!

Crazy stat of the night: Orlando had more steals than turnovers! (7 to 6)

We keep protecting the ball like we have the last two games.. like a wiseass man once said, "Anything is possible."

• Upvote 1

It was like watching how our team was playing before the Playoffs started. I also loved the passion Dwight was showing for our guys in the 4th quater when he was on the bench..if you can say that. He never sat down. He was running up and down the court pumping up the crowd and team. It's gestures like that that really makes me believe he'll stay in Orlando. You can see by his actions alone he loves us and this city and the last thing he want's to do is leave. All he want's is guys that play as hard as he does and play for 48 mins plus.

With that said I'm trying to be as calm as I can be because I'm scared to love again. After game 4 It was like someone ripped my heart out. (Happens every year when we lose) When we lost game 4 it was like losing a game 7 to me. So I'm just trying to be very calm. If we do win game 6 I'ma go banana s*** crazy!

BRING IT BACK HOME, MAGIC!

• Upvote 3

Let's stay focused for game 6, treat it exactly like we did tonight. We need to win on their court, we've struggled at the phillips arena all season. If this was our A game, we need to bring our A+ game thursday.

It's not gonna be easy. The hawks still pose the same problems: long, athletic shooters that can go ISO and make tough shots, bigs that can hack-a-dwight, and defensive matchups that can limit our pick and roll play.

Let's stay focused for game 6, treat it exactly like we did tonight. We need to win on their court, we've struggled at the phillips arena all season. If this was our A game, we need to bring our A+ game thursday.

It's not gonna be easy. The hawks still pose the same problems: long, athletic shooters that can go ISO and make tough shots, bigs that can hack-a-dwight, and defensive matchups that can limit our pick and roll play.

Great Game. Our team stepped up finally when we needed them to. Dwight only played 28 minutes and Malik got 7 so you know it was an ass whooping :happypuppy: :happypuppy:

I've already heard a few ATL fans say this game was a planned throw so the Hawks can win on their home floor.

LOL.

From the opening tip of Game 6, I want the Magic to play like this game hasn't ended yet, and run them off their own court on their way back to finish things up here in Orlando.