Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

Problem with JJ is that he got paid to be a starter (sure his contract declines, but that's still a nice chunk of change), but is he good enough to be a starter? I LOVE him off the bench, but defending elite wings 82 games a year? Being able to create his own shot in big time minutes 82 games a year? I honestly have no clue how that would work.

I still don't understnad how any of this can be put on Stan. He cannot make any more adjustments. The talent he has is not on par with the rest of the league. He is just suppose to make them play to their fullest. Missing jumpers and not being fast enough to defend players does not fall on Stan's shoulders.

Also, since Gil is working with Grover this summer, I have a lot of faith in the guy. Last night with minutes he looked to attack. He plays well when given the chance, and he's on a bum knee. When he gets healthy he will be a much bigger piece than Jameer.(Do not get me wrong though, I love Jameer. He's been my favorite player for a while, but I think it's time for a change.)

I keep hearing the word "talent" thrown around a lot. Our talent is not on par with the rest of the league, really? Talent is definitely the wrong word. If you're telling me the front offices of the kings, timberwolves, bobcats, pacers, and many others wouldn't love to trade their entire roster for ours you're out of your mind.

Gilbert is uber talented. However, does he have several shortcomings today that inhibit the display of his talents? Absolutely.

This is a good question. JRich is expensive..but more importantly, it is time to rebuild and get younger. I think JR Smith would play off Dwight a lot better than J Rich has, he is young, and very athletic. The Magic are old and very slow right now.

A lot of naive folks are saying that the Magic are just shooting badly. They are not. They simply can not get their looks and do not match up well at all against ATL. this is due to size and speed. We are way too small, and too slow on the wings. It is about time to credit ATL for what they have done, because it truly is working, and the numbers do not lie.

I kind of agree and kind of don't. I mean,yes the Hawks are faster and more athletic than us, but face it we're shooting something like 20 for 100 from downtown and a LOT of those are good looks. Meanwhile they're making everything they throw up and getting rolls/bounces off the rim. They can't get anything going to the basket. Everything is a jumper for them. Yet we've only lost to them by 3 and 4 points on the road. I believe we're the better team, but it's a make or miss league and right now they're making and we're missing. They still have no answer for Dwight, and once our shots start falling Tuesday night, we'll send them a message that we aren't going away that easy.

By the way, I'm not blaming anyone for looking forward to the offseason. I am as well. I just may be stupid for not giving up on this postseason, but so be it. Not done until we're done.

You can argue now if you really believe we match up well against the Hawks. I honestly hope you don't because then you would be a crazy person.

If we can trade JJ then resigning J rich makes more sense. I think the Magic would rather go younger on the wings though. Especially after watching this series, which in reality, is only somewhat close because the Hawks get a big lead and then take truly awful shots for no reason.

Letting him walk for nothing makes no sense because we are so far over the cap. We will not be able to sign anyone of consequece and need to rely on trades.... God help us. This is what leads me to think that we will uptimately keep JRich.

As far as getting younger and athletic, Yes Please. I have been screaming that before the Vince trade. and pretty much everyone has been saying that around here for a few years.

As far as the shots go... They have been getting some open looks, but they have not fallen.

Letting him walk for nothing makes no sense because we are so far over the cap. We will not be able to sign anyone of consequece and need to rely on trades.... God help us. This is what leads me to think that we will uptimately keep JRich.

As far as getting younger and athletic, Yes Please. I have been screaming that before the Vince trade. and pretty much everyone has been saying that around here for a few years.

As far as the shots go... They have been getting some open looks, but they have not fallen.

If we resign him, we are even worse off financially than we are now. You have to base everything on trying to keep Dwight. Is J-Rich for another 4 years what Dwight wants? I highly doubt it.

Sign and trade J-Rich, could be a good trade asset.

as has been mentioned several times, only if he signs at a discount. otherwise, he can go to any of the bottom dwelling teams with cap space.

Sign and trade J-Rich, could be a good trade asset.

Yes. Another very good option that the Magic may pursue.

I would personally love Ariza back here with Paul. Of course I would also like nude vicky secret models laying in my bed when I return home.

If we resign him, we are even worse off financially than we are now. You have to base everything on trying to keep Dwight. Is J-Rich for another 4 years what Dwight wants? I highly doubt it.

4MOREYEARS.jpg?t=1303750756

I get that, but we have no assets and are in big cap trouble already, right? We can go over the cap to keep JRich and get someone with the MLE. If we are going to let JRich walk that signals dumping of all salaries, which is ok by me, but if you are just looking for a couple of players (atletic wing defender and a big) you keep him. Depends what the plan is, is what I am getting at.

Agreed except for the Doc stuff. Doc rivers is not horrible. He was horrible here for multiple reasons, the main one being his inexeperience at the time, and our horrible roster.

He now has worked with superstars and knows how to manage them throughout a season. Players love playing for Doc, and that is very important for Dwight. We want Dwight to want to stay here, and by surrounding him with talented players that he wants and a coach that lets them play..well that will really insure that he stays. I also like Doc's defense a lot. While Thib is the man who brought the system to BOS, they still are playing excellent defense without him. Doc Rivers has improved by a significant amount since working with us, and is still a young coach with a ring. The Magic will not get rid of SVG unless they get a name coach who they know will help keep Dwight here.

What about the rumors that Doc wants to retire to spend more time with his kids? I thought those were pretty legitimate rumors.

If Rivers is out, who would the Magic be interested in? Sloan is retired, I don't know why people are still saying his name. Plus he's old school and doesnt relate well with his players. Not what this team needs. Adelman isn't much better than SVG in my opinion. So what other options are there?

If Otis is outed, who would be a good replacement for him? I heard Barkley would be interested in being a GM. :happypuppy:

So the team wants to get younger and more athletic. So far I've heard Ariza, JR Smith, Paul (here we go again), Hamilton, Prince. Are these legitimate names or just a wish list?

Follow this....

What if there is an Allen Houston provision but instead of getting rid of Arenas the team got rid of Turk. Then Otis uses his jedi mind tricks to convince Arenas to opt out of his deal.

We then take all of that savings and sign Paul next summer.

BOOM.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1