Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

My dream offseason (all pending the new CBA of course)

Keep SVG

Fire Otis (no idea who we'd hire. Is Kevin Pritchard around?)

Sign Chuck Hayes

Let J-Rich walk (I like him, but he's not getting younger, and not what we need)

Try and package Jameer/Bass for a dynamic wing (guy who can create his own shot, young, hustle. Like a Wesley Matthews). I LOVE Jameer, I'd hate to see him go, but I feel that his time with the team has run its course. He's our best trade option as I feel he holds the most value.

Somehow acquire or draft a younger PG. We need youth at that position. Even if it's a project, we need a guy waiting in the wings.

YOUTH YOUTH YOUTH. I'm not saying turn this into a rookie squad, but it's time we inject some hungry guys who are not just going through the motions.

Scoop up a wing defender. Preferably someone who is gritty. Prince would be aces. Even a guy like Jamario Moon who can come in with alot of length. I'm not looking for a world beater here, just someone who knows his role and will give it all he has.

I'm sure this will change numerous times between now and the beginning of the offseason, but as of right now this is what I feel needs to happen. We're stuck with Hedo and Gilbert unfortunately, so until the new CBA comes out, I'm not even going to speculate that we will be able to somehow drop one of those guys.

• Upvote 1

I still don't understnad how any of this can be put on Stan. He cannot make any more adjustments. The talent he has is not on par with the rest of the league. He is just suppose to make them play to their fullest. Missing jumpers and not being fast enough to defend players does not fall on Stan's shoulders.

Also, since Gil is working with Grover this summer, I have a lot of faith in the guy. Last night with minutes he looked to attack. He plays well when given the chance, and he's on a bum knee. When he gets healthy he will be a much bigger piece than Jameer.(Do not get me wrong though, I love Jameer. He's been my favorite player for a while, but I think it's time for a change.)

The players are weary of Stan. That is the rumor..look at how poor they are playing. SVG is an awesome X and O guy and one of the better coaches, but intangibles are what translates into rings in the NBA.

As for Arenas, if we can get rid of him, we HAVE to do it. It would unshackle the team from that contract and be a MAJOR victory. I don't care who he works with this season, it's not worth keeping him at this contract.

catman, any guesses on the trade direction for gilbert? i.e. expirings, contract swap, possibly restructure? I'm not a fan of Gil, but if his offseason workouts go as planned and he regains the magic, we could still add a big FA if we dump the rest of the players and restructure that contract.

Posted it in the other thread, but I think Hedo for Rip Hamilton should be seriously considered. Both have equally awful contracts but Rip is better and wants out of Detroit ASAP. He's also a bit of a dirty player, which I think the team needs.

Also Gilly is with us forever and ever and ever...

This is a good question. JRich is expensive..but more importantly, it is time to rebuild and get younger. I think JR Smith would play off Dwight a lot better than J Rich has, he is young, and very athletic. The Magic are old and very slow right now.

A lot of naive folks are saying that the Magic are just shooting badly. They are not. They simply can not get their looks and do not match up well at all against ATL. this is due to size and speed. We are way too small, and too slow on the wings. It is about time to credit ATL for what they have done, because it truly is working, and the numbers do not lie.

I will save that arguement for later.

Can we not sign him and still get get JR Smith with the Mid level?? Seems like we can sign him and due ot the Bird rights not effecet the MLE. I know he would be kinda expensive, but it seems like a waste to let an asset walk.

Nobody is going to take on Arenas. That is a pipe dream.

As for the other stuff I am all for it. I would hate to see Stan go but I probably agree that you can tell a lot of these guys are starting to tune him out.

Nobody is going to take on Arenas. That is a pipe dream.

As for the other stuff I am all for it. I would hate to see Stan go but I probably agree that you can tell a lot of these guys are starting to tune him out.

Hedo especially, which is funny since Hedo excels with SVG.

Ryan and SVG seem to be at odds all the time as well.

Stupid white people.

catman, any guesses on the trade direction for gilbert? i.e. expirings, contract swap, possibly restructure? I'm not a fan of Gil, but if his offseason workouts go as planned and he regains the magic, we could still add a big FA if we dump the rest of the players and restructure that contract.

Doubt we can trade Gil. What needs to happen is what happened last CBA. Each owner was allowed to cut one player from their team with no penalty. That is the speculation right now..many think it will happen again, and the Magic will have saved themselves (and probably Otis's job) from Arenas.

If the Magic surprise me and re sign Richardson, I have lost all faith on Otis. I have defended him for years, but that would be a horrible decision unless the contract was very very good. Like Jareth has said, the team needs to get younger and faster.

I guess so Catman. I still think we can do better than Doc Rivers, but at this point, we have to shed ourselves of SVG. One of the primary reasons being that he basically Cuban'd us in the regular season. We seriously aren't going anywhere with this man.

Wow if we can seriously cut one player from our roster, that would seriously save the Magic organization for the next 10 years. Please, please, please let it happen!!!!!

• Downvote 2

I will save that arguement for later.

Can we not sign him and still get get JR Smith with the Mid level?? Seems like we can sign him and due ot the Bird rights not effecet the MLE. I know he would be kinda expensive, but it seems like a waste to let an asset walk.

You can argue now if you really believe we match up well against the Hawks. I honestly hope you don't because then you would be a crazy person.

If we can trade JJ then resigning J rich makes more sense. I think the Magic would rather go younger on the wings though. Especially after watching this series, which in reality, is only somewhat close because the Hawks get a big lead and then take truly awful shots for no reason.

You can argue now if you really believe we match up well against the Hawks. I honestly hope you don't because then you would be a crazy person.

If we can trade JJ then resigning J rich makes more sense. I think the Magic would rather go younger on the wings though. Especially after watching this series, which in reality, is only somewhat close because the Hawks get a big lead and then take truly awful shots for no reason.

I'd rather have JJ because he's younger, but I like J-Rich for his clutch factor. However, in this series, J-Rich has proven to be useful in only one aspect: getting suspended. So, i'd rather keep JJ.