Catman

Could be the end for a lot of guys

As far as the Jackson talk goes, I don't know what he has done to not be considered a good coach. He's been around the game, he's played the game at that level, and I may be one of the few on this board, but I enjoy his commentary much more than JVG. I just think he understands what it takes. Another big part of this is what type of staff is he going to surround himself with. That will also be key to this whole thing.

As far as the Ellis to 76ers talk. I'm like everyone else, I don't think it makes any sense for Philly unless GS throws in Biedrins as well. I judt don't see it. If it does happen, that is a nice young nucleus for GS (Curry, Iggy, Lee) probably not championship ready, but definitely a step in the right direction.

All we can do is hope that Otis is going misdirection again and comes out of no where, snatches up Iggy and leaves Philly sitting there sore and unsure of what just happened.

I raised something similar to this earlier in this thread. From a practical point of view, I think one of these trade ideas makes sense for both teams:

Nelson, Turk and Anderson

for

Miller, Batum and Camby

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=68odul8

or

Nelson, Turk and Anderson

for

Miller, Fernandez and Anderson

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3lh5cum

We would be shedding contracts and picking up stop gap players, along with a nice wing. The shedding of contracts would be with the aim of clearing cap space to go after Paul or Williams in '12.

As far as the Jackson talk goes, I don't know what he has done to not be considered a good coach. He's been around the game, he's played the game at that level, and I may be one of the few on this board, but I enjoy his commentary much more than JVG. I just think he understands what it takes. Another big part of this is what type of staff is he going to surround himself with. That will also be key to this whole thing.

As far as the Ellis to 76ers talk. I'm like everyone else, I don't think it makes any sense for Philly unless GS throws in Biedrins as well. I judt don't see it. If it does happen, that is a nice young nucleus for GS (Curry, Iggy, Lee) probably not championship ready, but definitely a step in the right direction.

All we can do is hope that Otis is going misdirection again and comes out of no where, snatches up Iggy and leaves Philly sitting there sore and unsure of what just happened.

You know how many guys fall under this category?

As far as the Jackson talk goes, I don't know what he has done to not be considered a good coach. He's been around the game, he's played the game at that level,

That explains why Isiah Thomas, Kurt Rambis, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale were so effective in their front office jobs.

That explains why Isiah Thomas, Kurt Rambis, Larry Bird and Kevin McHale were so effective in their front office jobs.

Bird was a good coach, and we're not talking about front office jobs. Just coaching. The rest fall under the bad coaching category though. Still not sure why the Rockets went after McHale.

Bird was a good coach, and we're not talking about front office jobs. Just coaching. The rest fall under the bad coaching category though. Still not sure why the Rockets went after McHale.

I don't know if I'd call him good, but Bird was at least a decent coach. The others all blow, however, and every single one of them proved to be a horribly inept GM. Well, except Rambis who never GMed.

I don't know if I'd call him good, but Bird was at least a decent coach. The others all blow, however, and every single one of them proved to be a horribly inept GM. Well, except Rambis who never GMed.

Agreed.

Isiah was the greatest GM to other GMs however. I wish he'd join some team so that we could have a decent trading partner to take advantage of.