Sign in to follow this  
Mr13A

Gamethread: Hawks @ Magic - Game 2

Before this series i was halfway between Magic in 5, and Magic in 6. I'm hoping that the Magic blowing Game 1 just lends itself towards my first instinct, which was Magic in 6, and basically a repeat of the Sixers series from '09. Magic blow a home game, come back to grind the series back to 2-2, and eventually won in 6.

It;s like I've been saying for several weeks, here in the playoffs we need Dwight to beast, more on defense than anything. Then from there, assuming we don't get a crazy awesome performance from a Bass, Anderson, Arenas, or Redick, that we need two of the following three to play extremely well:

Jameer. Hedo. J-Rich.

In Game 1, we only got Dwight & Jameer. We need Hedo and/or J-Rich to start joining the party to win this game, to win this series. Less than twenty-something turnovers would nyce too.

I would like to think Stan is NOT Brian Hill, and actually has an adjustment or two up his sleeve. I'd like to think most of the team is actually gonna show the hell up, and play with a defensive hunger for most of the game, much like the Heat did yesterday against the Sixers. Also, the Hawks have to miss some outside jumpers eventually, they aren't Dallas. The law of averages is bound to strike.

If the Magic defy logic and lose Game 2? Well, all bets are off! But I think Orlando is 80/20 to win tonight.

Atlanta 86

Orlando 97

Before this series i was halfway between Magic in 5, and Magic in 6. I'm hoping that the Magic blowing Game 1 just lends itself towards my first instinct, which was Magic in 6, and basically a repeat of the Sixers series from '09. Magic blow a home game, come back to grind the series back to 2-2, and eventually won in 6.

It;s like I've been saying for several weeks, here in the playoffs we need Dwight to beast, more on defense than anything. Then from there, assuming we don't get a crazy awesome performance from a Bass, Anderson, Arenas, or Redick, that we need two of the following three to play extremely well:

Jameer. Hedo. J-Rich.

In Game 1, we only got Dwight & Jameer. We need Hedo and/or J-Rich to start joining the party to win this game, to win this series. Less than twenty-something turnovers would nyce too.

I would like to think Stan is NOT Brian Hill, and actually has an adjustment or two up his sleeve. I'd like to think most of the team is actually gonna show the hell up, and play with a defensive hunger for most of the game, much like the Heat did yesterday against the Sixers. Also, the Hawks have to miss some outside jumpers eventually, they aren't Dallas. The law of averages is bound to strike.

If the Magic defy logic and lose Game 2? Well, all bets are off! But I think Orlando is 80/20 to win tonight.

Atlanta 86

Orlando 97

You Make a great point i do think this is like 09 turk did not show up until game 3 of the sixers game so i hope he and j-rich do show up today

This Is Want we want to see

hedoturkoglugamewinner7.jpg

Bass has to contribute or we're doomed. For that matter, anyone not named "Dwight" or "Jameer" need to find some way to contribute or this is going to be a very short series.

That said, I think game one was an emotional one for the Hawks - I'm hoping they'll have a let-down this time.

Still.....nervous: Hawks have been very good against us all season, and this, if we make it to round two, will likely be the toughest matchup we'd face.