Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Q&A With Otis Smith

I recently had the chance to sit down with Otis Smith -- well more like chat with him in the halls of Amway Center -- and ask him a number of questions, one of which was inspired by a topic on this board.

Savage: The next question comes from a topic on our message boards. If you could take back any player who has been traded away, left via free agency, etc. and add them to this current team without giving anyone up, who would it be?

Smith: “Well we’ve already done that, we got Turk back. That’s it. It’s already happened.”

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/savage_sits_down_otis_smith_040711.html

He didn't answer the question correctly. He gave up MP, Carter and Gortat to get Hedo. The question was simple and he couldn't answer it!

• Downvote 1

He didn't answer the question correctly. He gave up MP, Carter and Gortat to get Hedo. The question was simple and he couldn't answer it!

With what the question was, he coud've gone a lot further back...not just this year. Otis is so full of ****.

Btw, thanks LoD.

Mr. Savage, next time please ask Otis Smith if he can think of bringing Ömer Aşık to our team as a very young, talented back-up for Dwight Howard. By the way, Chicago is not planning to trade him as far as I know but this is professional basketball, who knows?

He did answer the question. He just happened to give up pieces. I also think he probably wouldn't want to spend too much time on wishful thinking (I would bet he wouldn't mind Hill coming back in his condition, but he's untouchable at the moment), because that won't win us a championship. He needs to focus on the team right now and have them feel wanted and by saying he wants another player, it could take down team morale.

Mr. Savage, next time please ask Otis Smith if he can think of bringing Ömer Aşık to our team as a very young, talented back-up for Dwight Howard. By the way, Chicago is not planning to trade him as far as I know but this is professional basketball, who knows?

Asik isn't coming to Orlando. Even if Chicago were to trade him, it wouldn't be here and they would want way too much in return. Every reason we would want him here is the very same as to why he is staying in Chicago.

Unless you want to sign-and-trade Dwight over.

I really dislike Smith for make he did to this team through the years, giving up good young players for old worn out has beens. He closed the door on the Magic, but in the end, I am sure he is gone, along with SVG, next year, if my how I think the Magic will do in the playoffs, comes to pass.

• Downvote 1